So, What is it?

Discussion in 'Double Edged Razors' started by ShaverAZ, Sep 7, 2019.

Bought this on E-Bay since I'm apparently a sucker for open combs lately. The seller calls it a Tech, since it's in a Tech box,
    BUT:
    What is it really? Looks different than my other Old Types.
    Gillette Old Type.jpg
    Tech Box.jpg

1. Looks like my Gillette New.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

2. Can't see the head but looks like a standard issue New LC from the photo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

3. Looks like a razor to me, most likely a DE razor of some sort.

4. Graydog

Graydog Contributor

Show us a picture of the bottom of the open comb plate and I will let you know exactly what it is.

5. nemo

nemo Moderator Emeritus

Short comb New, incorrect box

6. That's it, for sure

7. ackvil

ackvil Moderator

Yep.

8. +4! That’s what it looks like to me.

9. ajkel64

ajkel64 Moderator

I’m with the Short Comb New crowd.

10. REV579

REV579 Contributor

Short comb based on the stamps that can be seen. You can make out the centered diamond stamp.

11. Sorry guys, I've gotta go with BBS-1's answer. He seems to have the in-depth insight & knowledge you all lack.

Seriously now: It's still in the mail, so the only photos are from the seller. I've already got a Tech to correctly fit the box & will post actual pics upon delivery.

Thanks!

12. OK, it delivered just now. Next question, What is a reissue Patent no?
    New Short Comb 3 Pcs.jpg New Short comb Pat Nos.jpg
    And was it worth $12 ?

13. Nice NEW Short Comb. I have the exact same one... got it replated in nickel. It’s really a fantastic little shaver.

99C65741-3DCD-43AD-AFB3-245CB3E31428.jpeg A951707E-760B-4BA7-909C-025094984BA2.jpeg

14. That nickel looks nice! You'll find it gives a nice shave. I put a Rapira LUX with 3 shaves on it into mine & it ran great!

15. ackvil

ackvil Moderator

A reissue patent number is when, in effect, a revised patent is issued to correct a significant error to a product which previously was issued a patent number. For example, a competitor may sue to invalidate the original patent. The patent holder then can attempt to get the patent reissued by making the necessary legal corrections. If successful, the Patent and Trademark Office can reissue the patent.

16. nemo

nemo Moderator Emeritus

The razors with the extra patent number were made after May 1932

17. Yes its worth 12 although i paid less for one like it with no box