What's new

So What Do You Think Are The Slickest Creams?

Soaps don't work great for me, but slick creams do. The kind of creams that are almost impossible to wash off your hands. The kind that after a pass you can dampen your face and it is slick as ice. These are the creams that I get my best shaves from. And I have found very few. My list:

Speick(one of the best at any price)
Cyril Salter(rose is my favorite)
T&H 1805(didn't expect this one)
Musgo Real(just makes my list)

And that is all I have found that get my extra slick seal of approval. There are many others I like but they lack slickness for me. But do provide plenty of cushion.

Penhaligons Blenheim
Proraso
All Trumpers(yes coconut too)
Dr Harris Arlington

These all surprised me as they are so popular.

So what creams do you find the very slickest? What else should I try?

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Tried the Art of Shaving cream? I find it to be the "slickest" of my collection.

I'll second this one.

For cheap, there is Arko. I mean this stuff is ridiculously cheap and I find it fairly slick and even dare say the slickest for the money spent. It has been a few years since I used it, so I hope it hasn't changed.

Cremo. It's like greasing your face. I don't like it because it's so slick. AoS? Harris? Bigelow? No way. Try some Cremo for slick. It's actually, to me, kinda gross :blink:

I actually find that TOBS is pretty slick.

I also agree with Speick and AOS.

I find that TOBS gives me a nearly perfect combination of slickness and cushion. Add that to the fact that it nearly lathers itself and it becomes my favorite cream.

Speick is pretty great, but I find that it needs a bit more work to lather than others and it doesn't provide the cushion that other creams might. The scent though, it's awesome!

I will cast another vote for TOBS creams. I have quite a number of them and I look forward to them coming around in rotation. I think that the scents (subjective, I know) are very pleasant as well. Most importantly, they provide excellent smooth shaves. They are a good value to my way of thinking.

Enjoy your shaves,

Doug

Cremo. It's like greasing your face. I don't like it because it's so slick. AoS? Harris? Bigelow? No way. Try some Cremo for slick. It's actually, to me, kinda gross :blink:
+1, or maybe even a gel :blink:

If its just slickness you want, traditional lathering creams probably aren't your best option.

Godrej shaving cream is very slick.

+1 I use the Godrej Deluxe Lather frequently, and it's great. It's also embarrassingly cheap. I store it right next to my Castle Forbes, which costs a zillion times as much. But Godrej is great for every day, and you can throw the tube into a pack for easy travel.

Top Bottom