What's new

So... what do all of you fellas do in the "real world."

Im Part-time doing stuff for a Satellite Telecom Company working for the
Network Operations Centre.

Part time Piano student, last 5 years used to practise like crazy.

Gotten the recording Engineer diploma of SAE but getting a job as a recording engineer aint lying around many jobs for that besides I focused more on the musical part after the exam hence the crazy practising 6 hours a day.

Why did the piano get a bit into the background, because I focused more becomming the Samurai , Training 3 days a week about 6-7 Hours of Aikido.

Then I went to Sweden and Hurt my Neck/shoulder pretty bad its still not healed and I actually restrain from all training now because my Sensei goes Seagal style when he sees me because I only weigh 70 Kilo its flying thru the air time :mad: normally I wouldnt mind but not when your not 100% recoverd so im taking time to heal in the meantime hang with my Shave buddies at B&B.

Ill get back to it all you dont throw away 6 Years training and I want my Black belt ! :biggrin:

I'm currently finishing up my Ph.D. in Microbiology. I'll be done by Dec. of this year. After that, going to run clinical microbiology labs at hospitals.

I am a recent med school grad. Went back and forth between derm and anesthesia before deciding on anesthesia. I am currently finishing my internship and will be starting three years of clinical anesthesia training in another two months.

I am in the investor relations department of a large, super-regional bank in the midwest. In my spare time I still run internal projects for them as well.

I'm a Texas State Master Electrician; specializing in commercial, industrial, residential service work and mid size contract work. My title is Service Team Manager, basically another way of saying "supervisor". I work in Houston Texas.

I am a games programmer with Atari. Since I have been doing it for about 16 years I do all the low level straight to the hardware stuff, assembler, DSP programming, rendering pipelines, graphics shaders, math libraries, that sort of thing.

Pilfer said:
I am a games programmer with Atari. Since I have been doing it for about 16 years I do all the low level straight to the hardware stuff, assembler, DSP programming, rendering pipelines, graphics shaders, math libraries, that sort of thing.

Hence the excellent Vitruvian Badger as your Avatar!:thumbup1:

Great job mate, welcome aboard!

guenron said:
Just remember, Vitruvius' response was completely out of proportion!:ihih:

But I believe his treatise, De_Badgeratura, is still used in China today and was the definitive Roman work on breeding small farm animals for use in the cosmetic industry. :a41: :badger:

I am a full time college student pursuing a degree in Education. I hope to teach science and/or math at the Junior High level. Before I went back to school I was an service advisor/manager at 2 different car dealerships. I finally got tired of people being mad at ME because their car broke down, and I got tired of technicians complaining to me because they actually had to work on cars, so I went back to school to get a different degree. It will be a cut in pay but I think I will be a much happier person.

I'm an academic: a professional philosopher. I work for an online University, where I teach research methods and data analysis to graduate students.

Right now I'm working in a school of criminal justice, so many of my colleagues are "intellectual cops," and so are great fun to work with. My institution has grown from 100 students to over 20,000 in just five years, and this tremendous growth has brought many rewarding challenges.

The best part of my job is working from home; I get to spend a lot of time with my three-year-old daughter.

Andy.

My PhD is in theoretical medium energy physics (nonperturbative quantum chromodynamics at finite temperatures and densities), but I left the field a couple of years ago.

I currently work at a small (but rapidly growing) employee-owned sci-tech company, doing largely theoretical/phenomenological research and modelling/simulation in a variety of topics of interest to our customer base.

Hoss

Hoss said:
My PhD is in theoretical medium energy physics (nonperturbative quantum chromodynamics at finite temperatures and densities), but I left the field a couple of years ago.

I currently work at a small (but rapidly growing) employee-owned sci-tech company, doing largely theoretical/phenomenological research and modelling/simulation in a variety of topics of interest to our customer base.

Hoss

What did he say??? :lol:

Randy

During the day I am a mechanical engineer/technical lead for a large medical company. At night, I am CEO of an internet startup which has nothing to do with mechanical engineering, medical devices, or shaving!

Randy, happy to see another Red Sox fan on the board.

Top Bottom