What's new

So the new Lamy 2000 just came in but.

There was neither a c/c or refill! :sad: I tried to see if any of the cartridges or c/c's I had would fit but seems that the Lamy uses a very large neck so I will need to go downtown and grab one from the store near my office. Wish I had known this before.

I opened the ink chamber to look for a c/c or cart but didn't take anything else apart, I'm glad I didn't.

Might pay to do a fill with water first, to make sure everything is back together properly. Easier to clean up than ink :biggrin1:

Might pay to do a fill with water first, to make sure everything is back together properly. Easier to clean up than ink :biggrin1:

Roger that! I got it going and it's soooooo smooth! I can't wait till it's broken in.

I thought it was a joke. We all mess up. My fist pen was a safari and I didn't push the cart all the way in to break the seal. It took me ages too work out why it wouldn't write!

Easy mistake to understand since the piston knob is nearly invisible!
One of the best pens you've got there, please do tell us how you like it and don't feel bad :)

We're laughing with you, not at you. Well, not really, but you know...😁 Thanks for the chuckle and enjoy that awesome pen!

Sure had me scratching my head for a bit! Put a positive spin on it, based on the three minute time gap between first and second post, I would say you're a quick learner!!

Enjoy the pen, hope you are pleased with it.

Last edited:
This is why I always read any directions that come with anything.:laugh: There should have been an instruction sheet in the box, but sometimes they are underneath the box insert and you have to pull out the insert to find it.

I don't remember having a mental block quite like that with a pen, but I've certainly had them with other devices that ought to have been simple enough. We've all done something similar.

Not to rub it in, but I'm curious as to how exactly you got the pen "open". Did you just keep on turning the piston knob until the whole assembly came out, or did you remove the nib end?

Last edited:
Top Bottom