What's new

So that's what those little numbers are for

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Okay, so the mental faculties aren't what they used to be. I used to be a pretty decent math geek, and had no problem doing logarithms and roots in my head. Nowadays, it's all I can do to keep track of the number of shaves I've had on a blade.
In a previous post, I mentioned that I tend to move my blade from razor to razor. Having upwards of a dozen razors in rotation makes for some rather daunting blade-life tracking, so this method works well. That is, until I can no longer count to 4, a time that is rapidly approaching.:rolleyes:

So now I use those little numbers, 1 through 4, which the good folks at Derby and Gillette have taken the liberty of providing us with, to keep track of the number of shaves they've seen. All I have to do is place the appropriate number in the upper right hand corner. Works like a charm, although the 2 and the 4 appear upside down. If I see a 1, I know it's a virgin blade. After the first shave and cleanup, the blade goes into the razor I plan on using tomorrow with the 2 in the right spot, and so on.

A mind is a terrible thing. :tongue_sm

ouch

I guess no one fell for it. There will always be a number in the upper right hand corner. Darn.

I actually had meant to write a response stating "good idea" but was too lazy last night. Am I off the hook, now?

ouch

They say your that in NJ, your exit (of the Garden State Parkway, for you farmers and Okeys) is your IQ. Good thing I live up north at exit 165!

ouch said:
They say your that in NJ, your exit (of the Garden State Parkway, for you farmers and Okeys) is your IQ. Good thing I live up north at exit 165!
Okeys? Obviously your exit is the reciprocal of your irritating quotes! Read Steinbeck... No, not Debbie Steinbeck with the big... John Steinbeck with the big vocabulary..:a19:

ouch said:
I tend to move my blade from razor to razor. Having upwards of a dozen razors in rotation makes for some rather daunting blade-life tracking, so this method works well.
This sounds like a Polish razor rotation. When I used to use only DEs, I left the blades in the razors and rotated through them. Once a month I changed all the blades.

ouch said:
I'm from NJ (exit 131) and I never heard of that. We kind of thought the people at either end belonged there.

Top Bottom