What's new

So ... That just happened ...

I was bit rushed today, so of course I thought I'd use a razor I haven't used for months (Gillette Old Type / Astra SP) and go for my first-ever two-pass shave.
IMG_20200326_104517.jpg

After completing about three WTG strokes on my right cheek I thought things felt a little "loose" ...
IMG_20200326_104536.jpg

Yeah, that just happened...
Thank goodness there's a little depth in my den. Out came the GEM Micromatic Open Comb to complete the mission.
IMG_20200326_104601.jpg

And the two-pass? WTG, ATG, resulted in the lower range of CCS. Certainly acceptance in social distancing society.

BTW - Anyone got the perfect fix for a detached Old Type handle top cap? Super glue? Epoxy? JB Weld?

BTW - Anyone got the perfect fix for a detached Old Type handle top cap? Super glue? Epoxy? JB Weld?

iKon makes nice handles. That is what I do .

I feel that gluing will not fix what is wrong, especially not if there is a crack in the handle. So why ruin it more?

Attempts to fix this (as far as I have seen) involve fixing a smaller tube inside with epoxy and so such. Complicated and not necessary. I prefer not to repair antiques, but to preserve them in as good and original condition as possible. So just use a spare handle.

Top Bottom