What's new

So tempting...Skin Bracer

V

VR6ofpain

proxy.php

Anyone else a Skin Bracer fan? I found it after Aqua Velva. I now prefer it (green Skin Bracer) to Aqua Velva.

The stuff is not Floid Vigoroso, but it is damn close and a fraction of the price.

Nice find, I haven't tried skin Bracer in years. Have never even seen those scents in that package. (then again, just found out about Brut Passion, Oceans, Musk & Instinct.) If you pick up that set, make sure to give us all a review. Being an Aftershave junkie I would advise you buy it immediately.

Jeff

I use the original green Mennen Skin Bracer all the time. In fact, before this became a "hobby", that and the Gillete gel was all I used for 30+ years.

I don't know anything, however, about that variety pack you managed to score.

Cool!

::001_cool:

I'm curious about that set you've found.

Basenotes lists Wild Moss and Dry Lime as being introduced in 1967, but the graphics on the label and the bottle shape suggests early 70's to me (1970-72).

Anyone out there remember this bottle?

Am curious to know if the juice is still good.

Let us know

clubman rob where are you?

skin bracer also makes a cooling blue that smells similar to aqua velva. there is also a cooling spice you might be able to pick up on ebay. i've read that its basically old spice with menthol.

skin bracer also makes a cooling blue that smells similar to aqua velva. there is also a cooling spice you might be able to pick up on ebay. i've read that its basically old spice with menthol.

I don't think Cooling Blue smells anything like AV. It's closer to Old Spice Pure Sport, but, not the same either.. The Cooling Blue is kind of its own thing really. Also reminds me of C&E's Sienna scent.

The Cool Spice, at least when I sniffed it in the store, is sort of halfway between Pinaud Bay Rum and Old Spice.

I've got most of a huge bottle of the Original Skin Bracer in my AS rotation, along with a several-year-old bottle of Old Spice and a recently purchased bottle of Aqua Velva Ice Blue. The Skin Brace has a nice scent, I think...

I like the original green, though I still like AV better. I have a bottle of the Cooling Blue, that I use occasionally, but the scent just doesn't grab me.

Last time I used it (20+ years ago) it still came in a cool dimpled GLASS BOTTLE. At the time, I liked the scent. Not sure if they changed the scent along with the bottle and haven't tried it since.

I'm curious about that set you've found.

Basenotes lists Wild Moss and Dry Lime as being introduced in 1967, but the graphics on the label and the bottle shape suggests early 70's to me (1970-72).

Anyone out there remember this bottle?

Those particular "flavors" of SB ran well into the late seventies. This particular set was from 1970.

Sorry! I don't know how I missed this thread first time around.

Those particular "flavors" of SB ran well into the late seventies. This particular set was from 1970.

Sorry! I don't know how I missed this thread first time around.

So this is a vintage set? I guess that's good, now I can take it right back off my ever-growing list of things that I "must try"....

:cool:

Top Bottom