What's new

So, my wife bought me an Injector

Last weekend, my wife was in an antique store in Missouri and she bought me what she described as a, "cool looking old razor."
I looked at it and yup, its a Schick Injector, made in the '40s or '50s.
I cleaned it up as best I could and have been using it. To me, it shaves well, feels much like an ATT single edge. It shaves super close but it will bite you if you aren't careful. The first time I think my angle was too steep and I tore my neck up pretty good. I'm going to master it though because it's such a cool razor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Congrats!!! I had the same first shave with my first injector. It won't take long to dial in the angle and pressure , and then you'll get those great shaves without any issues. Injectors are awesome!!!

Brother Badgerstate36,

Schick injectors are wonderful, and the blades last twice as long (or more) than DE blades. An injector razor was designed to be used with the the face of the head flat or (very nearly flat) against your face (keep the handle slightly high).

The made-in-China Schick injector blades (available on Amazon or at some independent drug stores) are the best of the few blade options.

Sounds like you may have a Schick Injector Type G which was made 1945-1955. Later models (Type H through Type 0) shave slightly milder, in increasingly milder order.

Congratulations!
The Schick injector is a great shaving instrument. Elegant in concept and design, very few moving parts to break or wear out, incredibly simple yet functional and effective.

I think the only reason they aren’t more popular is because they are SO effective and easy to use. They can be boring for some people, who like to prove their skills and need to pay attention or get chastised by the razor with a nick or cut.

I understand this, and it’s why I keep coming back to DE razors, when I can get just as good or better shaves with my Sensor carts as with the DE or Injector.

The Injectors elegance of design and the brilliant injector lure me; the incredibly close shaves, that are effortless, keep me engaged.

I have an N2, and it really feels like I’m cheating when I use it. It is smooth, fast, efficient, and effective. The blade costs is really good, especially when you factor in how long the blades last.

I can sum up my Injector with this. It is my finish razor. When I’m done shaving, it is the instrument I use to get what the other razors miss.

Enjoy the Injector, Enjoy the shave!

Pictures! We need pictures!
Here you go!
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom