What's new

So many soaps and creams, so little time... (or now i have SAD)

So relatively new, started with some Proraso white which wasn't bad but just too mild for me. Got some Conk's which took some time to learn how to lather but like stronger smells. But now after PIF'ing some I didn't care for I have Proraso Green (love the Menthol), HoneyBee Soap that smells like Old Spice, C&E Nomad soap, and some Cella on the way. I don't even have many soaps but I can't decide with just these options! How does everyone do it? I haven't even gotten any Razorock yet or tried MWF, p160, Arko, or so many others!
I know i can just rotate them but if i get many more i find i like i'll have more options than days of the week! Found i like the red tip so got over my RAD and found i like Boar brushes before BAD got too, well bad. But now I have SAD! Almost need to block my own access to B&B for a while to go through what I already have and know about for a while so i don't learn about new products.
:blink:

I'm only a few months in myself and already have 16 different flavours of cream/soap. If I had one piece of advice it would be to try and stick to travel/sample sizes where possible. It will be easier on the pocket and also keep the clutter down in your den. You can always go large when you discover a favourite.

I feel your pain. Luckily I caught myself before it got too bad. I now have 3 wonderful razors, any one of which will probably outlive me. I have two brushes that I alternate days on and a couple others stored away. And I probably have enough soaps and creams (AoS, CO Big., KMF) to last me for 3-4 years. Enough blades for about 2 years.

So with that, I decided I'll use what I have and over the course of the time that it takes to use it all hopefully I'll be able to settle on a couple of creams and soaps for permanent use. I don't really plan to experiment with any others. After all, for about 40 years I was content using Gillete Foam :)

Good for you being aware of what you're doing. I wish I would have caught mine earlier. You should see the looks on the faces of my relatives every time they venture into the downstairs bathroom. I'm beginning to feel embarrassed. My wife always reminds me I have too much stuff. I was doing pretty well until I got into straight razors. Now it seems like it's starting all over again.

My name is Brook and I'm a shaveoholic.

I rotate through mine on a regular basis. But I also use them in a seasonally appropriate way somewhat. For instance Proraso and Arlington are in heavy rotation in warm weather and Tabac in cold weather.

Good for you being aware of what you're doing. I wish I would have caught mine earlier. You should see the looks on the faces of my relatives every time they venture into the downstairs bathroom. I'm beginning to feel embarrassed. My wife always reminds me I have too much stuff. I was doing pretty well until I got into straight razors. Now it seems like it's starting all over again.

My name is Brook and I'm a shaveoholic.

Welcome Brook!
My name is Oliver and I am also a Shaveoholic,
I never caught myself started as 3 soaps n 2 creams now its 28 or so creams and soaps
I have 9 DE razors and 1 SE razor
and 1 straight soon to be 3 straights

Gonna limit myself to 5 DE and 5 straights and no more soap/cream as tempting as some of these BST are

You have plenty of time, rather you are like me and are suffering from some impatience. It's going to take me some time to actually get around to using some of my soaps and creams for the first time. As I experiment with different razors and blades, I've had to stick to pretty much one cream and one soap, else I can't really evaluate the razor properly. It's just a bit annoying wondering if I have some gem I haven't tested yet.
Cheers,
Renato

I'm impatient, this morning after i shaved i wanted to lather up another bowl of a different soap! I like the idea of tying it to the weather/season!

Top Bottom