What's new

So many Lavenders, which one is best?

So many votes for the Castle Forbes, and I have to agree, 100%
I can actually get whiffs of lavender during the day when I use this cream,

I've had Castle Forbes, TOBS, T&H, and AOS, for best Natural Lavender scent I like AOS, Castle Forbes than T&H. For performance, Castle Forbes by a nose over AOS/ T&H.

Last edited:
Why not go into a Lavendar shaving cream buying frenzy? Bet you will have lots of fun smelling and trying out all the different Lavendars.... :w00t: :thumbup:

I haven't tried any lavender other than T&H - for me it is perfect. I get a huge amount of lather from an almond sized dollop and the lubrication is great for my skin. I will definitely try others just out of curiosity but I prefer the T&H lavender over the ultimate comfort.

Do GFT do a lavender? I've never seen that before!

~3 years ago after small Thread & PM debate on AOS vs. British SC performance, we exchanged samples,I sent AOS Lavender and unscented, he sent 3 samples of British Creams. I remember one scent was GFT, looked it up and it's by GFT, the other two SC's were TOBS and Trufitt & Hill. both Lavender. After the swap I still preferred the AOS Lavender scent, and thought any difference in performance with the Brits was negligible either way.

I've tried all (or most) of the lavender creams out there and for me,without a doubt,the best,by a large margin,is Castle Forbes. Superior in all areas.

Craig

~3 years ago after small Thread & PM debate on AOS vs. British SC performance, we exchanged samples,I sent AOS Lavender and unscented, he sent 3 samples of British Creams. I remember one scent was GFT, looked it up and it's by GFT, the other two SC's were TOBS and Trufitt & Hill. both Lavender. After the swap I still preferred the AOS Lavender scent, and thought any difference in performance with the Brits was negligible either way.

Interesting - thanks for the info. I might have to investigate.

Interesting - thanks for the info. I might have to investigate.

IIRC GFT, Trumper, T&H, & AOS Shave Creams are produced, unscented by a British Manufacturer named Creightons, they also distribute to The Body Shop Maca Root & "The Real Shaving Cream". Those compaines add scent & maybe some other ingredients before re-packaging.

That would explain the similar performance I experienced between the three T's & AOS.

My favorite lavender was Coates. Truefitt & Hill smells almost the same and performs similarly. That's my backup plan when my Coates runs out.

Dave

Top Bottom