What's new

So Many Blades to Try

PreWar Tech
Tiger Carbon Steel
Rudy Vey 28mm Shavemac D01 3 band
Ethos Lavender
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

The blade was terrible from the first stroke across my cheek. It wasn't sharp & it wasn't smooth. It was dull & rough! I seriously thought about binning the blade after just a few strokes but stuck it out & finished my one-pass shave with it.
IMG_4885.jpg IMG_4884.jpg

PreWar Tech
Shark Super Chrome
Rudy Vey 26mm DG B14
Ethos Lavender
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

The Shark Super Chrome is a pleasant blade. Fairly sharp & smooth, it provided a nice shave. I remember liking this blade when I started shaving & I can see why. It's sharp & smooth enough to let a newcomer learn without slicing your face to shreds.
IMG_4886.jpg IMG_4887.jpg

PreWar Tech
Treet Classic
Omega Premium Jade
Ethos Lavender
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

The Treet started off somewhat sharp & not very smooth, but tolerable. It lost its sharpness by the end of my one pass shave.
C1EB922C-771E-481A-AAAC-4551EA758078.jpegACC3287D-6F09-4507-A1C9-4B863C5E120E.jpeg

PreWar Tech
Silver Star Super Stainless
28mm Paladin
Ethos Lavender
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

The Silver Star was a sharp smooth blade. It’s not a top 5 blade, but it was quite comfortable. I could use this blade regularly & be happy with it.
CE50DB0E-0D81-4ABF-A007-DBB48D8BBFF2.jpegD86CEA0A-FC63-4AB1-B2BE-21250DCEF5C5.jpeg

@dmshaver - you may have answered this and I feel silly for asking. Is the vanilla Highball just a vanilla Highball? If so, share more about this please?
Vanilla Highball is my own concoction. It consists of 1 part Nivea Deep Vanilla & Bourbon aftershave & 2 parts TSD Bourbon & Vanilla aftershave. Mixing the two adds more depth & complexity to the scent. I named the concoction Vanilla Highball. My wife & I both really enjoy the scent. And I am most pleased with its performance. I like having a scent that I am known by instead of continuously changing. Just my personal preference. My aftershave of the day 90% of the time is Vanilla Highball.

Vanilla Highball is my own concoction. It consists of 1 part Nivea Deep Vanilla & Bourbon aftershave & 2 parts TSD Bourbon & Vanilla aftershave. Mixing the two adds more depth & complexity to the scent. I named the concoction Vanilla Highball. My wife & I both really enjoy the scent. And I am most pleased with its performance. I like having a scent that I am known by instead of continuously changing. Just my personal preference. My aftershave of the day 90% of the time is Vanilla Highball.
Very cool, thanks :) I had this image of a nice leisurely shave and sipping on a vanilla highball LOL

PreWar Tech
Crown Super Stainless
Turn N Shave handle w/ 26mm Elite Razor HMW
Ethos Lavender
Hyaluronic Acid
Pinaud Clubman

I found another nice blade today, the Crown Super Stainless. It was sharp & provided a remarkably smooth shave.
IMG_4922.jpg IMG_4923.jpg

PreWar Tech
Centwin Platinum
Graydog Black Walnut Schoolhouse 26mm SHD
Ethos Lavender
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

The Centwin started off very smooth & sharp. I was quite pleased thinking I had found a hidden gem. About 3/4 of the way through my one-pass shave the blade started to get dull, & by the end of the shave it was tugging. Too bad, it started with a lot of promise.
IMG_5080.jpg IMG_5079.jpg

PreWar Tech
Centwin Platinum
Graydog Black Walnut Schoolhouse 26mm SHD
Ethos Lavender
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

The Centwin started off very smooth & sharp. I was quite pleased thinking I had found a hidden gem. About 3/4 of the way through my one-pass shave the blade started to get dull, & by the end of the shave it was tugging. Too bad, it started with a lot of promise.
View attachment 1596824 View attachment 1596825

I have an old box of Centwin blades. I haven't used them in so long I don't remember how they shaved.

PreWar Tech
Bolzano
Elite Razor 26mm Manchurian
MdC Fougere
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

The Balzano was a nice sharp, smooth blade, I had a pleasant shave. I’m glad I had the Balzano to use because Monday and Tuesday I hadn’t shaved.
727FE3E7-2CA2-491D-AC1D-D917D00884DA.jpeg973722C6-CBDF-4C98-9A73-BDCA2D3F5538.jpeg

PreWar Tech
Tiger Platinum
Rudy Vey 26mm DG B14
MdC Fougere
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

I was hopeful this blade would be sharp & smooth. It wasn’t! It was average at best. Not what I expected from a blade labeled platinum. It was sharp, but not incredibly, so, & the same could be said for the smoothness.
94616C8B-8F39-4D2E-AF40-EE4375E849DC.jpeg8B57B7D8-C261-4771-B724-F1DF98D452D9.jpeg

I’m starting to learn something. There’s a lot of good blades out there! I had another pleasant shave today, this time using a Lamix Pro 5 Platinum.

PreWar Tech
Lamix Pro 5 Platinum
26mm Paladin
MdC Fougere
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball
5C491D96-A695-4F8D-81AF-CDC45928667D.jpegB7A478E6-1A6B-4983-A013-A88DB4B2CDF8.jpeg

King C. Gillette

This was a delightful shave today after taking a break from shaving yesterday. The new brush fits perfectly in my hand, & the Best knot has a great face feel. The King C. Gillette gave a sharp, crisp shave. This was nice using a Gillette again after trying quite a few other brands of blades recently. This is a nice sharp blade that gave me a smooth shave.
IMG_5121.jpg IMG_5122.jpg

Top Bottom