What's new

So Many Blades to Try

PreWar Tech
SuperMax Super Stainless
Zenith boar
MdC Fougere
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

Today's blade was nothing special. The Super Mac Super Stainless is an average blade in terms of sharpness & smoothness. I prefer my blades smoother than this one, FWIW.
IMG_5132.jpg IMG_5133.jpg

Today's blade was nothing special. The Super Max Super Stainless is an average blade in terms of sharpness & smoothness. I prefer my blades smoother than this one, FWIW.
View attachment 1602206

I'm wondering if your Super-Max Super Stainless are older blades?

I have some Supermax Super Stainless and they are in a different looking package.

proxy.php

They came in a sleeve of 10-blades to a tuck and 20 tucks in the sleeve.

proxy.php

Although they are not my favorite blades. Their shave quality is OK and the sleeve of two hundred was $10. For 5-cents each, they weren't a bad blade and a good value.

I notice that they are up to $14.95 at present.

You may be right, those may be older stock that I have. I also have some packaged like yours. I will try those when I randomly choose them out of the box.

PreWar Tech
Weishi Extra Stainless
Zenith unbleached boar
MdC Fougere
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

The Weishi Extra Stainless was not a particularly good blade. It wasn’t sharp enough or smooth enough for my liking. It doesn’t fall into “one of the worst blades of all time” category, but it does go in my category of “don’t use again“.
E696132D-6EE0-4F59-8DC0-36CC49E24BDD.jpegF764976E-B4D9-45CE-9B72-A6CDDF79B650.jpeg

PreWar Tech
Jaws Platinum
Zenith unbleached boar
MdC Fougere
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

As I was shaving I at first couldn't decide whether the blade was not sharp or not smooth. After several strokes I decided the blade is adequately sharp, but is not smooth.
IMG_5147.jpg IMG_5146.jpg

I'm wondering if your Super-Max Super Stainless are older blades?

I have some Supermax Super Stainless and they are in a different looking package.

proxy.php

They came in a sleeve of 10-blades to a tuck and 20 tucks in the sleeve.

proxy.php

Although they are not my favorite blades. Their shave quality is OK and the sleeve of two hundred was $10. For 5-cents each, they weren't a bad blade and a good value.

I notice that they are up to $14.95 at present.
Your blue Super-Max are a completely different blade than those green Super-Max Super Stainless. The green are super dull. The Blues are much better. That blue packaging is for Europe. The blue packaging blade is sold in India in the brown-and-yellow packaging. https://www.razorbladesclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Super-Max-Stainless.jpg

PreWar Tech
Gillette Winner Super Steel
Rudy Vey 26mm DG B14
MdC Fougere
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

I shaved after just 14 - 15 hours from yesterday's shave. I know that may have skewed my findings on the Gillette Winner Super Steel blade. But I had a wonderfully sharp smooth blade that delivered a sensational shave.
IMG_5196.jpg IMG_5195.jpg

PreWar Tech
Dorco Titan
Zenith Unbleached boar
Ethos Lavender
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

Well here's another blade I won't be using again. The Titan wasn't smooth & the slight bit of sharpness was gone half way through the first pass.
IMG_5201.jpg IMG_5200.jpg

Well here's another blade I won't be using again. The Titan wasn't smooth & the slight bit of sharpness was gone half way through the first pass.

Kind of surprising. I found the basic ST300's and ST301's to be good blades at 6-cents each.

The Primes are about twice the price and are also good blades, though I am not sure how much better they really are? I have limited experience with them, being one of my more recent purchases.

I have been given to understand that the Titan's were their premium DE blades? I have never shaved with one.

Top Bottom