What's new

So looking forward to smoking outside!!!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Well, have not posted here in a while because, well ... frankly I got bored. The only thing I smoke in the house now is My Blend vanilla because SWMBO likes it and anything else is a crapshoot as to whether she'll complain or not. And SWMBO in a complaining mood is something to be assiduously avoided. So, I posted all my pipes (I think) in the Pipe of the Day thread, and smoking one tobacco all the time, well, I moved on to firearms as my latest rotating rabbit hole. That has been expensive, I'm up four guns since I last posted in here, I think.

Anyhoo, it's been consistently up into the 50's and 60's lately, almost time to bring the cushions up for the furniture in the Gazebo and that means, CIGARS! :love-struck: And

ENGLISH BLENDS!

I've collected quite a stash and have only tried two bowls out in the snow, and I am getting tired of My Blend, to tell you the truth. Anyone else been smoking a limited amount of indoor stuff waiting for the weather to warm up? I think next weekend will be a motorcycle day followed by a good cigar. But will be breaking out all my English goodness, too. Can't wait!

Good post John. 👍

I don’t smoke a pipe but I love my cigars. Unfortunately the winter weather in Toronto is too cold for me to smoke cigars as I only smoke larger cigars and don’t want to stand in the snow for an hour.

Today is the first nice day in months that I may throw on a sweater and have my first Churchill since last fall. 👍

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I live alone, but still won't smoke anything with Latakia in indoors. Besides, it tastes better outdoors (and most other blends seem to taste better indoors). Even then, I only tend to like the milder Latakia blends.

Sadly, aside from wet weather and cold weather, it's quite hilly here, and there's often a breeze that's not conducive to pipe smoking, and so it's not often that I fancy smoking a pipe outdoors. That said, I do have some mild English blend samples waiting for the right day to roll around. I've sealed them up in Mylar for now, as I don't know how long it will be before I smoke them.

I have been stocking up a little on darker Virginia and Burley (such as Dark Plug, and Revor), which I can happily smoke indoor or out. They've enough flavour to punch through environmental scents outdoors, but not stink the house out either.

Zero tolerance policy is in effect at the homestead, only outdoor consumption is permitted

We are having a typical NE spring so far; cool and damp with a sprinkle of nice days - just enough to tease.

I treasure the times over the weekend when I can steal time for a pipe or cigar. The work week sucks up almost all of the acceptable M-F periods of tolerable outdoor weather

Well, have not posted here in a while because, well ... frankly I got bored. The only thing I smoke in the house now is My Blend vanilla because SWMBO likes it and anything else is a crapshoot as to whether she'll complain or not. And SWMBO in a complaining mood is something to be assiduously avoided. So, I posted all my pipes (I think) in the Pipe of the Day thread, and smoking one tobacco all the time, well, I moved on to firearms as my latest rotating rabbit hole. That has been expensive, I'm up four guns since I last posted in here, I think.

Anyhoo, it's been consistently up into the 50's and 60's lately, almost time to bring the cushions up for the furniture in the Gazebo and that means, CIGARS! :love-struck: And

ENGLISH BLENDS!

I've collected quite a stash and have only tried two bowls out in the snow, and I am getting tired of My Blend, to tell you the truth. Anyone else been smoking a limited amount of indoor stuff waiting for the weather to warm up? I think next weekend will be a motorcycle day followed by a good cigar. But will be breaking out all my English goodness, too. Can't wait!

I'm in the same boat, John, waiting for warmer weather and spending too much money on firepower. I'm up four handguns and three shotguns this winter. At least I didn't fall down the vintage fedora rabbit hole again - that one was the most expensive yet.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I hear ya. Outside in the shade relaxing. Or by a fire with a fine smoke. Nothing beats it. Except when it’s 95 degrees and your front porch is in direct evening sun. Like mine :cursing:

I'm an outdoor smoker too. Luckily down south here the smoking season is pretty long. Been a little limited by rain recently but I've been puffing a good bit this month.

I dread the approach of warm weather. Here, it never knows when to stop and change back into fall, or even pretend to be winter.

Since I've found that, at this point anyway, I prefer Virginias and burley blends, Latakia is not an issue indoors or out. I did worry about my cats inhaling the stuff. However, the younger one passed on (kidney failure) last October, and the older has withdrawn to himself in the bedroom (he's probably going to the Rainbow Bridge soon). Whiffing my smoke is not a problem for him.

An outside only smoker here, as per my Social, Menu, and Financial Advisor. We are Winter Texans as of this winter so the temperature is usually conducive to smoking. The wind is another story. It seems I can't get away from the wind!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I dread the approach of warm weather. Here, it never knows when to stop and change back into fall, or even pretend to be winter.

Since I've found that, at this point anyway, I prefer Virginias and burley blends, Latakia is not an issue indoors or out. I did worry about my cats inhaling the stuff. However, the younger one passed on (kidney failure) last October, and the older has withdrawn to himself in the bedroom (he's probably going to the Rainbow Bridge soon). Whiffing my smoke is not a problem for him.
Sorry to hear about your loss, and probable impending one. I don't know if it's better cats live longer than dogs, or if that makes it tougher to lose them. :(

Sorry to hear about your loss, and probable impending one. I don't know if it's better cats live longer than dogs, or if that makes it tougher to lose them. :(
Hey, JC,

They do become part of your life. This older one is 14.5; his brother was about 12; and I raised one one big red tabby who made it to 16.5, a third of my life at the time.

Anyway, the weather here will soon be unpleasant. It just doesn't feel like pipe smoking weather when the temp is 90-something and the humidity making the air unbreathable.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Yep. I don't like smoking in the snow and I don't think I'd like smoking in a sauna, either. :lol: For much of the year, it's just about right in suburban Philly.

Top Bottom