What's new

So long 23c

Just received this:

Dear Mr. Craddock,
thanks for your e-mail, please let me have your full address, I will then send you a new head for your MERKUR No. 23 C, free of charge.
Kindest regards
Uschi Christ
Sales dept.

DOVO Stahlwaren Bracht GmbH & Co. KG
Boecklinstr. 10
42719 SOLINGEN GERMANY
phone: ++49-212-2300113 fax: ++49-212-313612
email: [email protected] website: www.dovo.com

<<DOVO>> Stahlwaren Bracht GmbH & Co. KG, Wuppertal HRA 19407
P.h.G.: Bracht GmbH, Wuppertal HRB 14822
Geschäftsführer: Markus Kirschbaum, Ulrich Wiethoff
USt.-Id-Nr. DE120 959 158, Finanzamt Solingen-St. Nr. 128/5911/4376

Well that settles that. I can't complain about that.

+1! They live up to their reputation for great customer service!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

How is that even legal?

Don’t you have statutory warranties under consumer law where you live?

Since I dropped it, it wouldn't be covered under warranty. I didn't expect a freebie, but I was unhappy that they wouldn't even SELL me a replacement cap, like Rockwell does. That was poor enough customer service that I feel I cannot in good conscience recommend them to anyone else.

Also, when it dropped, IB was just introducing their Teck II razor. So I just moved on. But most of my razors since then have been made from brass or steel.

Since I dropped it, it wouldn't be covered under warranty. I didn't expect a freebie, but I was unhappy that they wouldn't even SELL me a replacement cap, like Rockwell does. That was poor enough customer service that I feel I cannot in good conscience recommend them to anyone else.

Also, when it dropped, IB was just introducing their Teck II razor. So I just moved on. But most of my razors since then have been made from brass or steel.

The first contact I had with Dovo online did just point me to buying a new cap. I received another message from that one this morning saying “that can happen when it’s dropped on the ground” after I had already started that it hadn’t been dropped. Going straight to Merkur through the email contacts posted in another thread resolved the issue.

I have also read that Dovo online is the US distribution side and separate from Merkur.

Col. Conk does have replacement parts and parts are also available from Merkur online and I have no issues with that. I’m just glad it was resolved through warranty.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

I received this email this morning:

Good Morning,

Thank you very much for your email.

Our warranty is for 2 years from date of purchase as per your sales receipt. Should you be outside our warranty period, or do not have a sales receipt (anymore), MERKUR spare parts can be obtained from www.colconkproducts.com . Should you be within our warranty period and still have your sales receipt, please contact [email protected].

Best regards,
Anne
DOVO/MERKUR

So I guess I am not receiving a new to cap now. I guess I will just end up getting the German 37 or the Maggard slant head and using the handle.

Well there is something positive from that. They acknowledge they will accept a 2 year warranty from date of sale which is reasonable. The transaction must be recorded in your Amazon account so you could send them a copy of the invoice from there.

Well there is something positive from that. They acknowledge they will accept a 2 year warranty from date of sale which is reasonable. The transaction must be recorded in your Amazon account so you could send them a copy of the invoice from there.

2 years was up in September. I did send a copy of the receipt in the original email.

Oddly enough, JB Weld (the SLOW curing & not the JB Quick) is amazingly tough stuff. If you are getting a new head & while waiting for it, JB Weld your broken one, ensuring you orient the screw slot the same direction it was cast, so surrounding metal will best align. Let it set up for at least 2 days. You'll play hell getting it to break again.

Gentlemen, this showed up in the mail today. I guess it was replaced after all.

proxy.php

Gentlemen, this showed up in the mail today. I guess it was replaced after all.

proxy.php
I'm glad to see that they actually did replace it. My faith in Merkur customer service is restored.

But, their customer service people need to get on the same page. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. :001_tongu

I'm glad to see that they actually did replace it. My faith in Merkur customer service is restored.

But, their customer service people need to get on the same page. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. :001_tongu
I will agree with that 100%.

Top Bottom