What's new

so I'm thinking about a new "old" look

I'm undergoing some rapid weight loss, 4 months ago i was wearing 3xl polos now xxl are getting baggy. I figure when I'm done I will be in an XL/L. so for now I want to build a look around colored Tees and casual short sleeve shirts, like
proxy.php

except i will wear the shirt open with the colored tee underneath.

should i wer contrasting colors, like a coral shirt with a blue tee or something more like light blue with a darker blue tee?

Wear whatever you want. Good for you on the weight loss. May I ask what your method was?
being diagnosed diabetic.
Seriously. Nothing motivates you more that "if you eat that, you will die"
and really, it hasn't been that much of a menu change as much as portion control.
on a typical workday i would go through a fast food place and get the 2 for $4 breakfast sandwich. now, instead of eating both, one is tomorrow's breakfast. for lunch if i have fast food, it's just the sandwich, no fries. Dinner, smaller amounts of the entree, and added veggies like cauliflower and broccoli. for a non-diabetic, doing that will keep you from becoming one, and you WILL lose weight. I even get the guilty pleasures.. ice cream., but only a little. candy, gone most breads gone. if I do eat bread i look for whole grain that has at least 21 grams of whole wheat/ serving the logo looks like this.
proxy.php

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
being diagnosed diabetic.
Seriously. Nothing motivates you more that "if you eat that, you will die"

Yowza.

Well, good on you for taking charge and making change! I'll make one "plug" for the various "ketogenic" threads here on B&B ... check them out. Guys here losing significant weight, making significant gains on their "health markers" in blood tests ... just what the Doc4 ordered* to deal with diabetes.

The Ketogenic Get Healthy Thread
Ketogenic Diet?
Keto, Intermittant Fasting and Working out?
Keto and long term Fasting

And if you need a book to read ... try this as a good starting point:
https://www.amazon.com/Good-Calorie...F8&qid=1546628264&sr=8-3&keywords=gary+taubes
And this as a less-dense and science-y follow-up"
https://www.amazon.com/Why-We-Get-F...F8&qid=1546628264&sr=8-1&keywords=gary+taubes

Now, back to our regularly-scheduled programming ...

I would encourage you to not buy much until you have reached your "new standard weight". Whatever that ends up being. And when you get there, and are looking to buy stuff ... don't buy a lot until you know what size you "really" are. Once the abs are flat and the love handles are handled and the spare tire is returned to the tire store, it can be a great feeling to try on a shirt or t-shirt that is yet another size smaller than you "think" you are, and find that it fits close ... and looks good!

*I am not a medical doctor. I did not play one on t.v. Heck. I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. This is all free advice on the internet, and worth what you paid for it.

part of the idea.. buying the casual shirts closer to what i THINK i will be, and only a few, and then get more different colored tees that fit and mix/match to have more options. since the shirts won't be buttoned I think I can get away with that L or XL shirt

Top Bottom