What's new

So i went a little nuts

I went a tad bit overboard at some antique stores and ebay this week and thought i would share and also see if anyone can tell me what and when a couple items are:

First my favorite find in the wild a Saint louis silver company shaving mug. I can seem to find out much about it other than they went under in 1912.

Next we have a gillette razor i have no idea on no date code no serial:

A gem that i don't know about has a case and even 2 unopened blades:

I also got a couple of the complimentary Christy's one that still has the blade in it. a gem junior a Z3 Gillette TTO 4 3 straights a Certifyd 3 brush and a used Colgate shave soap puck as you can see in the shave mug pictures. i can post pics of the rest but mainly wanted to show off my mug and see if anyone could with years and razor id on the razors. and did i mention all for under $60 total

Last edited:
The Gillette razor looks like a Tech. I think there was a period of time that they didn't use date codes on them, but I could be wrong or thinking of something else.

That is a sweet mug. Great finds.

Definitely a ball end tech. Very nice. I have one myself, but it's Canadian with the 1932 patent year on it (however, they were manufactured about 12 years later!). Otherwise, a dead ringer....

That mug is awesome!
Seriously i saw that mug and almost fist pumped like i'd just won the British Open. i had to control myself for fear the guy would think it was worth more than the meager price he quoted me and up it. It probably needs professionally polished since could make it far on removing 100 years of tarnish.

Dude, I know how it feels when you run into vintage mugs in antique stores. I just found two Old Spice mugs this week and was stoked beyond belief.

It's a hunt, bro. I refuse to buy antique mugs/razors online. I feel like it's cheating at the sport of antiquing.

Last edited:
The vintage white milk glass mugs are cool too. I picked one up for $2 last week and threw my VDH glycerine in there. They look like regular coffee mugs, but have little bumps on the bottom to hold the puck in place.

Last edited:
Man, now I just want to go antiquing again - it's literally been years since I went out foraging ... Congrats on your score!

That mug is a seriously sweet find mate. Most people here will probably kill to get one like that.

The Gilette is a Tech as already clarified by experts.

Nice mug!

I find local local antique stores to be either great or horrible. Either the proprietor is plugged into eBay and the they think the price should be higher than the 'bay or they still operate by pricing stuff based on the fact that they picked up that Fili as part of a box that they paid $10 for!

Yeah, and sometimes the antique vendors will package a mug up with a brush that resembles a used, cheap VDH boar and pump up the price of the mug.

Last edited:
Top Bottom