What's new

So I used William's the other day...

It seems like the longer I go with Williams and the more hydrated my puck is the worse my experience gets. I always seem to have disappearing lather. Even after a minute of loading and a minute lathering in a bowl. Still useable but not so great.

Seems hard to rinse off too. At least it’s slick enough that I’ve been using a Gem Jr without issue though.

It seems like the longer I go with Williams and the more hydrated my puck is the worse my experience gets. I always seem to have disappearing lather. Even after a minute of loading and a minute lathering in a bowl. Still useable but not so great.

Seems hard to rinse off too. At least it’s slick enough that I’ve been using a Gem Jr without issue though.
I have found in the past that adding too much water to Williams thins out the lather too much and there is too many air bubbles. At that point the lather does disapate.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

D23DAB35-185E-4762-B702-9E97F4F81ABF.jpeg
I have found in the past that adding too much water to Williams thins out the lather too much and there is too many air bubbles. At that point the lather does disapate.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I've been using Williams like a shave stick and get consistent, dense lather. Here is my puck after 70+ full-face shaves compared to a new Williams puck (Thank you, @Guitar10!!)

MW_Williams_As_ShaveStick_70_Shaves.jpg

I've been using Williams like a shave stick and get consistent, dense lather. Here is my puck after 70+ full-face shaves compared to a new Williams puck (Thank you, @Guitar10!!)

View attachment 990044
I think on my last week of Williams month I’m going to try this technique. I really think it works for you because there isn’t a lot of water involved.

Most people say “Williams is thirst, more water, more water” so far I disagree.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I think on my last week of Williams month I’m going to try this technique. I really think it works for you because there isn’t a lot of water involved.

Most people say “Williams is thirst, more water, more water” so far I disagree.
Yesterday I forgot to moisten my brush and loaded it up anyway and got a really nice lather, I only added about a teaspoon of water........
Today I am gonna try a dab of Cremo with Williams, and a almost dry brush.
prof

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Williams/Cremo SOTD
Brush: Omega 10290
Razor: RR SLOC Ti-500 handle
Blade: Nacet(2)
After Shave: Aqua Velva​
20190612_222113.jpg

I put a dab of Cremo on my hydrated Williams puck, only wet the tips of my brush, and proceeded to get a super rich and creamy lather that did not dissipate. I only added half a teaspoon of water. The lather did start to dry a little, but a rinse of the SLOC under the tap, leaving it wet gave a great shave today with a refreshing splash of Aqua Velva to finish!
Williams is thirsty for Cremo!
prof

I face lather, but I always start with just a damp brush - I shake out as much water as I can. Then, I start loading - give it a few swirls in the mug, barely dip the tips, swirl some more, dip the tips, swirl, etc., until I get a creamy paste. I wet my face, then start building the lather, dipping the tips of the brush a couple more times as needed.

I get a better lather on my first pass, as the whiskers that have grown overnight, or over the weekend, contribute to the lather making process. On the 2nd pass, the lather is a little thin, but that's the way it is with me and most soaps. Williams is so slick, it doesn't seem to matter much.

Top Bottom