What's new

So I tried Arko shave stick last evening.

And I really like this soap. I had a great shave even with a less than ideal face lather technique which I will need to work on.

I picked up a couple sticks as part of a larger order. Have to say I was excited to test all of the hype. A freshly opened and sniffed Arko bar does indeed smell like the fake fresh smell that comes from a urinal cake. I laughed out loud when I took a sniff. But I noticed that that smell changed into a fresh smelling Ivory-like soap smell in lather and this morning on the stick itself.

It's definitely in the rotation now. It's a great slick shave, one where you're feeling your face hours later. Would rate soap wise just below Razorock and Tabac but in the herd of a nice slick shaves and this standing could improve as I better my technique.

Arko works well as the bass for a super-stick lather (shave stick on your face and load your brush with a heavy scented soap like Nomad or Cella).

proxy.php

Even though I don't use ARKO exclusively, It puts ALL my $30+ soaps (and creams for that matter) to shame...

I gave a stick to my father in law a few months ago and he loves it. He said it reminds him of the lye soap his mother made when he was growing up.

Welcome, brother. Please pick up your ominous hooded burlap robe and Book of Sinister Latin Chants for All Occasions. What are you, a 38, 40 tall?

Last edited by a moderator:
I found Arko terrifying.

The shave was excellent.

But the smell was a major turn-off.

It was however really challenging to think that I could get this quality shave from such a low cost product, and that the smell is basically transient...so why not just ditch on my MWF, Mikes, Tabac, TOBS and Trumpers and shave with this forever.

Argh.

Very rarely does anyone question the performance of Arko (although the scent does have it's detractors). For anyone having a problem with the scent, simply unwrap the stick and leave it in the garage for a couple of weeks and it will come back smelling like bath soap.

Top Bottom