What's new

So I shaved with a Kai blade...

I put half a Kai into my Parker shavette and it was definitely a sharp blade. That might be my pick for shavettes, but we will see after I try the other five.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
They are supposed to be very sharp. A blade that I have not had the chance to try yet. It took me ages to take on a Feather, hopefully not so long until I try a Kai.

I used my first Kai in my 6S which usually gives me only an okay shave. I was actually going to sell the 6S because I wasn't getting a great shave. It was excellent with the kai, smooth and no weepers or irritation.

Nearly as sharp as the Feathers but more durable. I like them but the price is too high compared to others.

KAI - $35 /100
Feather - $19 / 100
7'Oclock Yellow - $14 / 100
Nacet - $12 / 100

Is one KAI worth three Nacets? Up to you.

If you’ve got smooth out of a KAI, you’re winning! I’m positive that the staying power you’re hoping for is there. Congrats.

All modern mass production blades labeled as Double Edge are the same dimension. Goes the same for 99.9% of the older blades no longer in production that some like to use. Re Feather or Kai, it comes down to personal preference. Some say Feather are sharpest, but dont last as long. And Kai last longer, but are little rougher. Best bet it to get sample pack containing both and see which you like better. Can also try searching here-probably quite a few threads re this subject.

The Kai blades are thicker and you definitely notice it when picking it up. This probably takes out a lot of the flex in the blade resulting in a smooth shave. So far I am on shave number 5 and I am a head shaver. Maybe get 3 or 4 more hopefully.

Top Bottom