What's new

So I found a local shave shoppe...

While out visiting a client I decided to see if there were any shave shops in the local area. I found one!
The Old Town Shaving Company in Pasadena CA. I walked in and man did I feel like a little kid at a toy store. They had shelves of different soaps, razors and brushes. Not to mention Aftershaves, balms and lather bowls. I mean, this was awesome! I limited myself to 30 minutes, because I needed to get back to my office and honestly... my wallet could only take so much.
I was able to smell a huge assortment of soaps and splashes. Yes a few items were priced a couple of dollars more than what you can find on Amazon. But you can open and smell them before you buy. I am a firm believer in supporting local small business and have no hesitation buying any item here.
No I do not work for them or in any way represent their interest. As a new shaver, I would appreciate anyone letting me know of a local store I can walk into and actual handle some of the items I am thinking of buying.
I did pickup 2 soaps (had 5 in my hands at 1 time).

View media item 58016

Nice!
And you had to have made a sweet sale with the client? A pretty good day all around.
Pasadena. Entertaining the hopelessly hungover with a parade every New Years Day and some nice shops to waste some time in...
California, amirite?
Signed,
Mr. Envious.

While out visiting a client I decided to see if there were any shave shops in the local area. I found one!
The Old Town Shaving Company in Pasadena CA. I walked in and man did I feel like a little kid at a toy store. They had shelves of different soaps, razors and brushes. Not to mention Aftershaves, balms and lather bowls. I mean, this was awesome! I limited myself to 30 minutes, because I needed to get back to my office and honestly... my wallet could only take so much.
I was able to smell a huge assortment of soaps and splashes. Yes a few items were priced a couple of dollars more than what you can find on Amazon. But you can open and smell them before you buy. I am a firm believer in supporting local small business and have no hesitation buying any item here.
No I do not work for them or in any way represent their interest. As a new shaver, I would appreciate anyone letting me know of a local store I can walk into and actual handle some of the items I am thinking of buying.
I did pickup 2 soaps (had 5 in my hands at 1 time).

View media item 58016

Sure. Head to the airport, enjoy the patdown at the security checkpoint, board flight to Detroit Metro, drive Hertz rental about 75 minutes SW to Maggard Razors in Adrian. Hundreds of everything. Awesome.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Sure. Head to the airport, enjoy the patdown at the security checkpoint, board flight to Detroit Metro, drive Hertz rental about 75 minutes SW to Maggard Razors in Adrian. Hundreds of everything. Awesome.
Wait.... Maggard's is in Adrian? I live between Flint and Saginaw....learn sumpin' new ever day...

I was just on google maps looking at how far Old Town is from the hotel I'll be staying at in September! Their shop looks awesome on the website.

I've promised myself no more shaving stuff until September.

As you see, I picked up 2 soaps today. I am really trying very hard not to go back tomorrow for 2 more and an aftershave. And then 2 more on Friday etc...

Last edited:
Sounds like a great day trip date with the War Department!

Ah, FarmerTan, if the War Dept is your true love, make a side trip to Evans Street Station in Tecumseh, one of the best restaurants in the state. White tablecloth place. Great food, service. It is about fifteen minutes NE of Adrian.

Bullgoose is not too far either. I was off on Tuesday, and was going to drive out to The old town shaving CO, but checked the website, and they are closed on mon and Tuesday.

Does Bullgoose have a storefront?

Well I just got back from WCS. Living between WCS and The Old Shaving Company is going to hurt my wallet, A LOT!!! I couldn't leave WCS without a couple of new soaps. I picked up; Catie's Bubbles Sunrise and Captain's Choice 45th Parallel.
Deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole I go...

Top Bottom