What's new

So I bought an injector...

So I bought an injector raozr and now I have four questions.

1. I paid $12.50 for it shipped. It was an impulse buy so I don't know if I paid too much or not. Did I at least get an averge deal?

2. I know it's a Schick but that's all I know about it. Can anyone give me some details about the model and age of the razor?

3. Is there anything special I should know about shaving with an injector? Is it very different than shaving with a Gem?

4. Can someone please tell me how to stop buying razors?:biggrin:

Thanks for any help, and sorry for the bad ebay pics.

Last edited:
OK, maybe I can help here:

1. If the razor and case are in as nice shape as they appear, I think you paid a fair price, considering shipping is included.

2. From the photo, it appears the razor has two patents on the left of the underside of the razor's head. That would indicate post WWII production. Eversharp bought the rights to the injector in 1946. The first post WWII injectors did not have the Eversharp name on them. The name only appeared on the outer cardboard box. After existing stock was depleted, the Eversharp name was added to the razors and and cases until the mid to late 1950s.

3. Shaving with an injector is similar to shaving with a Gem. I have original instructions for Schick injector shaving. The head is to be almost flat against the skin. The injector's head does not automatically establish the optimum shaving angle in most cases. Of course, you should use what works best for you. Get some Schick brand blades if possible. The ASR injector mechanism used with private label blades can be finnicky.

4. Death?

-Clarke

I highly recommend the Schick-branded injector blades. I bought some store brand blades and CVS and was not very impressed with either the blade quality or the flimsy magazine.

Top Bottom