What's new

So I bought a Mingoose.

I am thinking to buy a Mingoose.
Does anyone have more experience or reviews?
Yep. I started a thread a few months ago asking if a 3 piece injector existed. Someone suggested the mingoose.

Short answer: I absolutely love it. I get some of my best shaves with it. I would buy it again.

Mongoose says they won’t make it again, so get it while you can.

Only negatives:
Expensive
Not pretty
Handle is a tad heavy for my tastes.

Other than that, it’s a quality razor that shaves like a masterpiece.

Btw, it’s worth ordering b20 blades from japan. They are awesome.

Nope, not confusing them at all! I only use Schick Proline blades, P's in my ATT SE1, B's in my injectors. Same feel and efficiency.
I guess I read something incorrectly. I know they shave the same since I use both as well. So, I guess we’re on the same page.

Yep. I started a thread a few months ago asking if a 3 piece injector existed. Someone suggested the mingoose.

Short answer: I absolutely love it. I get some of my best shaves with it. I would buy it again.

Only negatives:
Expensive
Not pretty

Thanks for reply,
I am going to order Mingoose with b20 blades in this week.

Only negatives:
Expensive
Not pretty

Do you know where I can get b20 blades?

Unless you seek out NOS blades your only choices for currently made injector blades are three: Chinese "Chick", Personna or the Japanese Schick B-20.

Do you have any recommendations for NOS blades?
If you can get the Schick Plus Platinum and Gillette Platinum Plus they are great blades, also the Eversharp Chromium made by Schick are great as well.
Most of the ones you’ll find are the US made Schicks, also have a few from Holland which is really sharp and the only twin blades ive used are NOS 1973 Schick twin injector which are great blades and I’ve heard good things about the currently made Japanese Schick Twins.

I’m not sure if the Japanese Schicks single edge that’s available on the auction site are the same ones as the Schick Proline B.

They offer both the single and twin injector blades that comes as a pack with 10 blades.

They cost way more than the Proline blades.

If you can get the Schick Plus Platinum and Gillette Platinum Plus they are great blades, also the Eversharp Chromium made by Schick are great as well.
Most of the ones you’ll find are the US made Schicks, also have a few from Holland which is really sharp and the only twin blades ive used are NOS 1973 Schick twin injector which are great blades and I’ve heard good things about the currently made Japanese Schick Twins.

I’m not sure if the Japanese Schicks single edge that’s available on the auction site are the same ones as the Schick Proline B.

They offer both the single and twin injector blades that comes as a pack with 10 blades.

They cost way more than the Proline blades.

Thanks a lot.
There is one on ebay as:
NOS Injector Razor Blades Schick Platinium, Gillette Platinum Plus, Personna SS
It is $45 with shipping for only 15 blades. It is expensive for me
You are right, it is way more than Proline.
I paid a bit more than $10 for 20 Schick Proline B-20 blades

Unless you seek out NOS blades your only choices for currently made injector blades are three: Chinese "Chick", Personna or the Japanese Schick B-20.

I used Personna Ted Pella which I did not have a good shave.
I am waiting for Chick and B-20 delivery.
hope they work better.

I think Mingoose is the most underrated safety razor. I love to use this razor, very smooth and efficient.
It shaves close to DE razors rather than Type F and Type D.

OK, I'm resurrecting this thread a year later. I see that Maggard still has Mingooses (Mingeese?) in stock and I've really been enjoying the AC razors I've been using recently. So of course I'm now thinking about this one. Are any of you still using your Mingoose? @CK89 ? @guitarslinger ? Anyone else?

There would need to be a group buy with a serious discount to get me interested enough to open the wallet. I don’t think Mingeese are flying off the Maggard shelves. There are some pretty negative Mingoose reviews out there.

Thinking about 3 piece single edge razors, I checked whether an injector blade would fit my son’s RazoRock Eco. That was a no go, but the Eco is essentially a $30 aluminum CNC machined competitor with the Mingoose, just designed for the thinner (and much less expensive) saloon/half DE blades.

Top Bottom