What's new

So. How far would YOU go?

only question I have is..how did you keep track of it for 14 days?if I remember correctly, your system consisted of 1-7 and then it fell off the cliff. :001_rolle

when I get to 6 I start again at 1 (which is then 7) back to 6 again for 12 shaves then back to 1 again for 13. Now it is sitting on 5 which for the 3rd run through is 17

simple math...

A train leaves Chicago bound to Los Angeles traveling at 65 mph for the 2000 mile trip. At the same time a train leaves St. Louis bound for Los Angeles traveling at 60 mph for the 1850 mile trip. The first train stops for 1 hour to coal and water then continues. Which train arrives first and how long before the second train arrives.

simple math :001_smile

when I get to 6 I start again at 1 (which is then 7) back to 6 again for 12 shaves then back to 1 again for 13. Now it is sitting on 5 which for the 3rd run through is 17

Do you put it in a particular spot on the number to know it is on its 2nd or 3rd trip around the numbers?

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
A friend that used to work for Gillette told me its all about the corrosion not the shaving that dulls the blade

he swore that using a blow dryer on the blade wOuld make it last a longtime.

Just the other day he told me he had be using is fusion for four months

YMMV

I've thought corrosion is an issue myself. I don't try to get tons of uses out of a blade, I swap Mondays and Thursdays, regardless of how it is shaving, BUT, I do an alcohol rinse after each shave. Alcohol really cuts the soap scum, I just swish it around, then let it sit while I clean up the shave den, then swish it around again, shake it dry and put it on the stand.

I have no evidence to back this up, but I feel like the shaves are better than when I did not do the alcohol rinse.

Do you put it in a particular spot on the number to know it is on its 2nd or 3rd trip around the numbers?

Right now I am using that single blade every day so it is easy to follow. Typically most blades get 86ed by the time they get to the #6 paper. A few make it back to #1 (7 shaves) but not many. Derby blades make it to 4 or 5. Most other blades make it to 5 or 6 shaves before they start dragging.

18... nuf said......

proxy.php

Does that mean you are throwing in the towel?

Nope. BBS shave again today. No nicks, weepers, dragging. Nada.

I've got a feeling this one blade will see a full month if I let it.

It was somewhat smooth in the Progress today. Not as smooth as was when it was first unwrapped but as smooth as a new Shark or any other un-coated stainless steel blade.

I thought I was going to toss it a few days ago. Even stuck a stainless Astra blade in the pic just in case it did not make it through the full shave.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/349341-So-How-far-would-YOU-go?p=5185124#post5185124

but OH NO... It was still just fine so I put the Astra back in the drawer for another day

incredible...

Tomorrow is Tech Tuesday so the blade will breeze through easily as it was nice last Tuesday in a Tech so should be fine tomorrow too.

I've got some other blades that came in that I would like to use but I don't think I can just TKO this one without taking it to the mat for the count.

you HAVE to keep going... how else will you know? Think about it though, if you ever go traveling for like a month... you only need to bring ONE BLADE!! LOL :lol:

The WalMart WS blades are good for 4 days, shaving AM and PM. Eight shaves for a blade so cheap is respectable. My beard is sparse buy coarse so that may have something to do with my mileage.

Shave until the first hint of tugging and let it go.

I think the blade is getting smoother. Either that or it was a perfect match for the Tech today.

BBS and not even any stick from the Lilac Vegatol.

:laugh:

That's impressive going, Turtle! I enjoyed the WS blades I had but I'd only been DE shaving for a couple of weeks back then. I may pick up another pack and see if they're as good as I remember.

Are the triple coated ones still available in the UK (English made)?

I was under the impression that all production is now done in Germany

Pack should say chrome, ceramic, and ptfe coated like in the post above

http://www.njmtv.com/products/1339409783PB10721-Pears-Soap-(Yellow).jpg.jpg

Pass.

The pack I had came from Connaught - I'll order another and see.

Am I missing something with your link to Pears' Yellow soap? :blink:

I would treat it like I do all my other razor blades, shave until it leaves a little irritation behind then bin it. If you prefer to toss a blade because of some OCD then do so, but that's just wasteful and I try not to be.
I understand but my OCD requires me to toss a blade after 3 haves.

Top Bottom