What's new

So glad to be back!

I've been out of the country and was using Arko and Williams Shaving soap because I brought a bunch of Arko and a friend brought me the Williams. They sold some shave soap there but it was 2-3x the cost here and I figured my shave soaps were definitely getting the job done. I sort of told myself that Arko is fine and I'm only missing out on the smell and stayed away from this forum so I didn't feel too jealous :lol:.
I actually brought a few tubs of good soap, but it was mostly gone by the first year. I also made the mistake of bringing soft soap to a tropical country, then tried to use it sparingly and stretch it, but it ended up going rancid after about a year. (I may or may not have continued using it rancid :scared:)

Now I bought some soaps off the BST, I am pinching pennies so I found a few nice but used for a big discount, and I just used the first one, Beer soap brewing company and I'm kind of blown away at how quick it lathered and the quality of the lather. Arko isn't bad, but I guess it takes a bit more work to get what this soap did in just a few seconds. I also forgot that over the last 8-9 years or so of Arko use.

Welcome back to the States! It was great reading your story. And when it comes down to it, Arko & Williams are just fine! But now that you're back you can discover all kinds of soaps! But beware, the rabbit hole is deep!

Top Bottom