What's new

Snuff Of The Day (SOTD)

My "go to"- about 80% taxi red, ~15% fubar jungle fever (mango menthol), with Wilson's wallflower and a dash of 6 photo special. Sometimes I throw in a tonka bean for a while if it's a large batch.

It sounds too busy, but it really is quite delightful. Strong enough to keep me off the smokes too.

Inconsistency may be typical of Indian snuff. I just finished a Dholaia Kamal and the new one had an entirely different but pleasant scent. I just went with English this order. The scent of the White Elephant seems to be ammonia - something I use to clean the kitchen floor. I just realized a bit of kinship with you Al, you live in Yorkshire and I live in York county. A bit of water between them but nonetheless. Anyway, you have better beer. Thanks for the clarification.
Steve

I agree with everything said about fubar. I find the scents to be incredibly hit or miss- I even found chunks of slimy plastic in one of my tins before.

There a few varieties I'm quite fond, especially as additions for texture or scent to some of the blends I like to make.

Occasionally I do actually like bohica, although it is kind of a novelty.

I may actually have an unopened six photo sample pack at home. I found some in stock at a random Indian store, even though they mostly had creamy snuff and betel nuts. If you would like, I can check when I am back home.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I agree with everything said about fubar. I find the scents to be incredibly hit or miss- I even found chunks of slimy plastic in one of my tins before.

There a few varieties I'm quite fond, especially as additions for texture or scent to some of the blends I like to make.

I may actually have an unopened six photo sample pack at home. I found some in stock at a random Indian store, even though they mostly had creamy snuff and betel nuts. If you would like, I can check when I am back home.
I say novelty without having actually tried any offerings from them...so take my view with a grain of salt.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

Thanks for the offer but I’ll be moving soon and don’t quite know where I’ll be. I’ll be making an order when settled and pick up a sample box then.

Thanks for the offer but I’ll be moving soon and don’t quite know where I’ll be. I’ll be making an order when settled and pick up a sample box then.
No
No problem. I'll be away from home for a few weeks anyway. Feel free to reach out to me if you change your mind or it's not in stock then. Have a safe move!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
This snuff thing has really grabbed me. I first used snuff in 1969 but have since used it very occasionally but now I’ve Become like a hog at a trough. When I’m watching TV at night I snuff continuously watching YouTube snuff reviews to learn more about it. It appears to be the safest method of consuming tobacco. the only snuff related cancer was a sheep farmer in northern England who had been stuffing it in his ear for 40 years and got brain cancer. Also, the British go through tons of the stuff annually. Anyway, I’m enjoying the hell out of it - thanks Al.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
This snuff thing has really grabbed me. I first used snuff in 1969 but have since used it very occasionally but now I’ve Become like a hog at a trough. When I’m watching TV at night I snuff continuously watching YouTube snuff reviews to learn more about it. It appears to be the safest method of consuming tobacco. the only snuff related cancer was a sheep farmer in northern England who had been stuffing it in his ear for 40 years and got brain cancer. Also, the British go through tons of the stuff annually. Anyway, I’m enjoying the hell out of it - thanks Al.

Good to hear you're having such fun, Steve :thumbup1:

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Same...really enjoying having an enjoyable tobacco option when I just can't have a pipe. Snuff is easy enough to take discreetly while at work and when a pipe isn't practical.

Just now had a toot of F&T Santo Domingo followed by 6 Photo Special.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Same...really enjoying having an enjoyable tobacco option when I just can't have a pipe. Snuff is easy enough to take discreetly while at work and when a pipe isn't practical.

Just now had a toot of F&T Santo Domingo followed by 6 Photo Special.
I’m hitting the Elephant like mad

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
SG Irish D Lite, and W.E. Garrett Scotch

What is the snuff status in Food Lions and other grocery stores in the south? I'm headed to Wilmington, NC for a wedding and would like to get more American Scotches besides the one's I can get locally. Unfortunately my route will take me too far west to stop at JR's cigar/junk outlet.

Last edited:

Mike H

Instagram Famous
While cleaning a drawer I found a bullet I forgot I had. Still had HDT in it. A convenient way to take snuff.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom