What's new

Snuff Of The Day (SOTD)

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I much prefer the boxcar method personally. Not really sure why but it just seems to work much better for me. Even with the snuff boxes I ordered from MyTobaccoShop I have been using them as a tap box and not pinching.

Today my snuff has been WoS Irish No. 22 a wonderful toast if you enjoy them. HDT is good as well...not ready to say which one I prefer. I'm still feeling them both out.

I can never get any control snuffing off the thumbnail

Nothing...nothing... nothing... EVERYTHING!!!

All of a sudden, it's like someone stuffed a toilet brush up my nose!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I much prefer the boxcar method personally. Not really sure why but it just seems to work much better for me. Even with the snuff boxes I ordered from MyTobaccoShop I have been using them as a tap box and not pinching.

Today my snuff has been WoS Irish No. 22 a wonderful toast if you enjoy them. HDT is good as well...not ready to say which one I prefer. I'm still feeling them both out.
I do like toast. Have a can of F&T HDT.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Bernard Original. Bernards Tap box’s have the coolest artwork.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Bernard Original. Bernards Tap box’s have the coolest artwork.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally agree! I've bought plenty of them based on their tap box art alone...luckily all of the Bernard snuff that I have has been fantastic. I have all of the ones in your pic except Zwiefacher. How is it?

brandaves

Currently going back and forth between Wos Irish No. 22, Royal George and Tom Buck.

brandaves

WoS Royal George tastes a bit like your grandmothers bathroom smelled. Like mixture of talcum and a non descript floral scent in the background.

I can't decide if I like it. No unpleasant, it's just a little weird smelling something I associate with old women in my nose.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
WoS Royal George tastes a bit like your grandmothers bathroom smelled. Like mixture of talcum and a non descript floral scent in the background.

I can't decide if I like it. No unpleasant, it's just a little weird smelling something I associate with old women in my nose.

On its own, I'm agree with you. I use it (and most of the F&T ones, for livening up plainer snuffs. In that context it works really well. Try mixing 20-25% Royal George with 75-80% Tom Buck

brandaves

On its own, I'm agree with you. I use it (and most of the F&T ones, for livening up plainer snuffs. In that context it works really well. Try mixing 20-25% Royal George with 75-80% Tom Buck
Al does it again...25% Royal George/75% Tom Buck and it's excellent. I liked Tom Buck before but I like it so much more now. Thanks @AimlessWanderer you're a snuff wizard.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Al does it again...25% Royal George/75% Tom Buck and it's excellent. I liked Tom Buck before but I like it so much more now. Thanks @AimlessWanderer you're a snuff wizard.

If you try it with the F&T snuffs, you might want to dilute a little further. The great thing about mixing in a day box, is you can tweak it to suit your taste by adding more of one or the other.

My snuffboxes tend to have a home blended concoction in more often than a neat snuff to be honest. Although I've currently got Best SP and Jockey Club in one, and just Toque Ambrosia on its own in the other.

brandaves

If you try it with the F&T snuffs, you might want to dilute a little further. The great thing about mixing in a day box, is you can tweak it to suit your taste by adding more of one or the other.

My snuffboxes tend to have a home blended concoction in more often than a neat snuff to be honest. Although I've currently got Best SP and Jockey Club in one, and just Toque Ambrosia on its own in the other.
I ordered 5 day boxes from my smoke shop (the only place I could find them) and I'm so glad I ordered them...although they are much larger then I expected.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I ordered 5 day boxes from my smoke shop (the only place I could find them) and I'm so glad I ordered them...although they are much larger then I expected.

Too big?

I have a little double slide box (Patrick Collins Duplex - he stopped making them about five years ago) that I never use, which could probably be rehomed elsewhere. ;) Standard size zippo for scale. Any good to you?

IMG_20200805_202458.jpg

IMG_20200805_202535.jpg

IMG_20200805_202749_edit.jpg

Top Bottom