What's new

Snow

I love this time of year. Nice sleepy days with snow falling, fireplace burning, etc. Here is what I am seeing out my front door this morning:
full

So far about 14 inches have fallen, and it is still going strong. The kids are ready to head outside to make a snowman, and I, unfortunately, have to snowblow our driveway clean. Still nicer than working, though.... Those if you in always-warm climates are missing out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the snow also...not too wild about the 0 degree nights we have had lately...however...

Those if you in always-warm climates are missing out.

Try using a shovel instead of the snow blower!:001_tt2:

Randy

Scotto said:
I love this time of year. Nice sleepy days with snow falling, fireplace burning, etc. Here is what I am seeing out my front door this morning:
full

So far about 14 inches have fallen, and it is still going strong. The kids are ready to head outside to make a snowman, and I, unfortunately, have to snowblow our driveway clean. Still nicer than working, though.... Those if you in always-warm climates are missing out.
Screw That!:001_tt2: There's a reason why I'm with a Hawaiian girl. Hell I live in Louisiana and it is like in the 40's right now and it is damn cold. Once I graduate with my PhD, I'm heading to the land where it is always in the 70's. You guys can have that cold stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Righteous Randy! Looks like fallout! Good for picture postcards and that's probably about it. Anything north of Lake Okeechobee may as well be at the North Pole! Brrrr...

Man, that makes my teeth chatter just looking at it. I love a good snow like that about once every 5 years or so! My ideal weather would be around 60 in the morning, and around 70 in the afternoon! Anything below or above those two temps are just too cold or too hot! Unfortunately, that's not the type of weather we have in Oklahoma! It was 6 degress in the morning just a couple of days ago! Not typical for us but at least no TORNADOS!!

Jerry

Ah, but when you come in from the cold, boy does it feel great. I just got back inside after building one giant snowman with my boys, and SWMBO has the hot cocoa waiting. Ahhh....

Jerry,

I miss a good tornado! Nothing like a good storm with brilliant flashes of lightening and loud claps of thunder...oh, for the good ole days!

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Jerry,

I miss a good tornado! Nothing like a good storm with brilliant flashes of lightening and loud claps of thunder...oh, for the good ole days!

Randy

Randy:

Not too many tornados in Utah, huh? I'm sure Texas will take you back after you get out of the witness protection program!:tongue:

Jerry

Not too many tornados in Utah, huh? I'm sure Texas will take you back after you get out of the witness protection program!

Unfortunately, that's a life long commitment!

We had a tornado a couple of months after I got here back in '99. I TOLD my co-workers we were going to have a tornado, and they laughed at me. SO, I went to the back of the building to get away from the glass on the showroom floor. Within minutes, the defacation hit the fan. Unfortunately, there was one fatality. Fortunately, it was not on the ground long.

Randy

i love winter. it's one of the most peaceful seasons....

there was once a small tornado in binghamton, ny (my hometown). one fellow thought it was b.s. until he saw a 2x4 fly past the window.

rtaylor61 said:
Jerry,

Randy

best thing about the tornadoes in Texas is all the improvements tht happens after one comes through. New trailers, new windshields in the chevy truck, sometime a new old lady to live with.:glare:

mark tssb

Mark...I can't believe you passed on this perfect opportunity!

What do Texas Divorce and a tornado have in common???

With either one, someone's gonna lose a trailer house!:scared:

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Mark...I can't believe you passed on this perfect opportunity!

What do Texas Divorce and a tornado have in common???

With either one, someone's gonna lose a trailer house!:scared:

Randy
Always good to see that this classic joke can be applied to other Gulf Coast states as well. I've always heard it applied to Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.

rschul2 said:
Always good to see that this classic joke can be applied to other Gulf Coast states as well. I've always heard it applied to Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.

I agree Randy. Someone said the last Tornado to go through Eastern Oklahoma did $50,000 worth of IMPROVEMENTS!:glare:

Jerry

Jerry,

You owe me a new keyboard!!! :eek:

It always cracks me up to watch the news following a tornado...they find the one person living in the trailer park who has a "tooth" and interview him/her.

Randy

Scotto,

Looks like we have hijacked your thread...Sorry! How about a few more snow pics. We've got the temperatures, but not the snow!

Randy

Top Bottom