What's new

Snorkel

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I just picked up a Snorkel pen and pencil set. The pen needs a bit of TLC, I am guessing a sack, Gasket and a good cleaning. There is really nowhere left open in the Dallas area to take it. Where would you recommend sending it?

I've never dealt with him personally however I've heard good things about Danny Fudge and reports say his repair service is excellent with a one year warranty and also very reasonable repair prices. His online shop name is The Write Pen.

Make that another recommendation for Danny Fudge.

However, even though you're sending it out, you may find it interesting to read what the restoration process is like. If so, you might like to read this.

And another recommendation for Danny. I would do 90% of restorations myself but not a snorkel, too many fiddly bits to go wrong.

Whilst the pen is with an expert it is the perfect time to have the nib tuned just for you and worked to the size of your handwriting, ink flow, cursive or printing style.

The safest option is for a smooth writing nib and a medium nib.

edit - Just had a look at Dannys prices, very good value.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Thanks guys. I have dipped it I like the nib, but then I am a boring non italic medium nib guy.

Did you get one with the open face nib or conical nib? The open faced nibs were on the more "economical" snorkels, but they all work equally well imho...actually, the only snorkel I still own is an "Admiral" which is the a lower end one with an open faced gold nib, which I kept because it was my favorite writer.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
It's a Clipper so middle of the road. $50.00 I debated back and forth because I figured it would need an overhaul, but since it had the tags and instructions I just thought why not.

IMG_0599.JPG
IMG_0600.JPG
IMG_0601.JPG
IMG_0602.JPG
IMG_0603.JPG
IMG_0604.JPG
IMG_0605.JPG
IMG_0606.JPG

Well, I'm glad you didn't over think things too much, because $50 is a steal for that pen; Congratulations!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I just picked up a Snorkel pen and pencil set. The pen needs a bit of TLC, I am guessing a sack, Gasket and a good cleaning. There is really nowhere left open in the Dallas area to take it. Where would you recommend sending it?
Scott. You know there is a fair size pen show each year in Dallas and it's likely Danny might even be there. It's just a couple weeks away. He's listed as one of this year's vendors.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Ever get that pen restored, Scott?
full

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Ever get that pen restored, Scott?
full

I did Doug. Danny did it for me at the Pen Show in Dallas. I really like it, I want to find another with a Medium Nib and try restoring it myself.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I did Doug. Danny did it for me at the Pen Show in Dallas. I really like it, I want to find another with a Medium Nib and try restoring it myself.
Sam & Frank from Pendemonium will be at the Dallas show this year and likely have several nice snorkels available. Drop Sam an email and she will make sure to bring some for you to check out.

Top Bottom