What's new

SNMIRN DE Razor AKA Baby Futur First Use & Thoughts

hey people so I just used my m SNMIRN DE razor AKA baby futur first use & thoughts with my favourite blade gillette nacet

so started off testing the waters and first few strokes with number one then number 3, 5 and straight to 8,
then to my surprised i settled towards number 3, normally i go straight towards the top settings and geenerally stick there when it comes to adjustables

number 3 just took everything off smoothly with such ease, literally like a knife through butter,
very efficent, quite aggressive on the more higher settings and definately more aggressive then say the gillette slim and gillette black beauty

bare in mind im a head shaver with very thick and coarse hair and this munched straight through it,
honestly its on amazon for £9.99 delivered here in the uk and imo its such a bargain for such an amazing razor

im actually very shocked as when i use a razor i always ask myself when saying could this be a razor for life,
and no joke this razor for just a tenner can easily do it for me, very happy with this razor

doesnt clog at all obviously bare in mind i only had a few days worth of growth so cant really do it justice unless i have 5-7 days + worth of growth

easy going against the grain, only downer i'd put on it is the fact that if youve got wet handles the handle can get a bit slippy,
however the handle is like a nice length but the weight is very nice too,
you would never guess this razor is only a tenner and imo its a steal for a tenner! :)

like anything in this wet shaving community YMMV

anyways what are your thoughts on this SNMIRN DE Razor AKA Baby Futur Razor? any fans?

Rofl 🤪 and now you know why I got a spare for holidays or when I might drop it.
My sweet spot is between 2-3 also.
You will see the handle gets less slippery in use or you can slide some silicone rings over it.
Now simply feed it all kinds of blades and be surprised that you can shave with that blade.
Have fun!

• Haha
Reactions: saj
Rofl 🤪 and now you know why I got a spare for holidays or when I might drop it.
My sweet spot is between 2-3 also.
You will see the handle gets less slippery in use or you can slide some silicone rings over it.
Now simply feed it all kinds of blades and be surprised that you can shave with that blade.
Have fun!
how much did it cost for you? from what i remember youre based in europe somewhere dont remember exactly lol

how do you find the SNMIRN compared to the QShave adjustable?

you a head shaver too?

which blades have you tried in it?

how much did it cost for you? from what i remember youre based in europe somewhere dont remember exactly lol

how do you find the SNMIRN compared to the QShave adjustable?

you a head shaver too?

which blades have you tried in it?
Holland is nearby

there should be a track of mine with the blades but for now

gillette: gsb, platinum lb and db, Wizamet, polsilver, bic, derby premium, doeco, kai, wilkinson, kcg and more…
Oi and received some rapira with my brush today so they are coming to that list also.

no head shaver just my beard.

and it was under 10 euro

and it shaves easier as a qshave futul

I have one I got off of Amazon for about $10 US shipped. Really nice shave and built as well or better than some of my adjustable razors priced in the $60 range. Gap/blade alignment are perfect.

My only knock against it is going XTG and ATG under the nose because of the head size. Not really an issue but worth mentioning. Never owned a Futur or clones so this might be a common thing.

It is really a steal.

I have one I got off of Amazon for about $10 US shipped. Really nice shave and built as well or better than some of my adjustable razors priced in the $60 range. Gap/blade alignment are perfect.

My only knock against it is going XTG and ATG under the nose because of the head size. Not really an issue but worth mentioning. Never owned a Futur or clones so this might be a common thing.

It is really a steal.

Bad wording. With the Grain WTG is more difficult due to head size for me. XTG and ATG are perfectly fine.

I decided to pick one up after Kevy’s YouTube review. I figured $10, no huge issue, at worst a travel razor. Was surprised upon receipt and subsequent shave for the price.

Holland is nearby

there should be a track of mine with the blades but for now

gillette: gsb, platinum lb and db, Wizamet, polsilver, bic, derby premium, doeco, kai, wilkinson, kcg and more…
Oi and received some rapira with my brush today so they are coming to that list also.

no head shaver just my beard.

and it was under 10 euro

and it shaves easier as a qshave futul
Yea less blade chatter on the higher settings then the qshave also more aggressive imo and the lower settings offer a bit more efficiency then the qshave too

It is really a steal.
Don't really have that issue as I'm a head shaver but I can see what you mean

I do like that the sides of the razor blades is covered by the cap

It is really a steal.
The heads of the snmirn, futul and lesser extent Parker variant are big and clunky. Not always easy to get the last hairs under your nose. Usually I get there without issues but from time to time just as with a Broman I have to grab a smaller se (focus dynamic or Yaqi katana) just to get in close.
In other words you are not the only one ;-)

Don't really have that issue as I'm a head shaver but I can see what you mean

I do like that the sides of the razor blades is covered by the cap

Not a big issue, I have trouble WTG under the nose, but I always go XTG anyways so not a huge deal.

Tried 2, one was slanted and the other actually the blade had different exposure on each side one too much one not enough.
Both garbage, both returned.... I now wouldn't even take it if paid....

There are so many good razors available.

The Dollar Tree $1 is way better if you want to go cheap.

One thing in favor: they look nice.....without a blade

thought i'd give this razor a wizz and i love this razor,
has to be one of the best value for money adjustables out there too

Top Bottom