What's new

Sniper Team fires; member blushes.

The other day, the mysterious Sniper Team sent me a note saying I'd been selected to receive a thank you gift in appreciation of my participation here. It's alleged, and these are currently only allegations-no proof has been offered, that my behavior has been generous and my attitude positive. This comes as a shock to the people who've known me the longest, but the compliment made me blush for the first time since I started wearing long pants.

It's truly a delight to be recognized in this way and if I'm honest about it, any behavior of mine that's earned the recognition is a result of the example set by others on the board who have been incredibly, mind-bendingly kind to me. I know of no other place on the inter webs like B&B. I've been haunting some coffee forums lately and though they're useful, the sort of camaraderie and gentlemanly behavior that most characterizes this board is absent there as well as every other forum I've ever witnessed. It's a unique place. A place we're both responsible for and lucky to have.

So while there may be no Santa Claus, there is the B&B Sniper Team and it appears they're watching you when you're nice. (My understanding is that it's Ouch's job to watch out for when you're naughty.) Give them something to look for while you're here. Send a newbie some razor blades, share a bit of your favorite soap if you can. Jump in with a word of encouragement and some verbal styptic pencil when a member tries their hand at straight shaving and, above all, stay away from the honing sub forum when someone asks which is better, film or natural stones.

Well done, Mark! And welcome to the club! I got sniped way back when, I may even have been the inaugural snipe (too many beers ago :huh:), it is an amazing feeling!

I've managed to fly below their radar for 7 years so far. My sarcasm and opinionated wit apparently isn't high on the list of helpful qualities they look for...

Congrats!:thumbup:

There's no Santa Claus?!

truly - one of the best posts I've read in a while. Very refreshing and congratulations!

Top Bottom