What's new

Snail Mail Exchange Thread

I throw my name in the hat:

My name is Corey and I live in Florida. I'm 35 and work as a cardiovascular tech. I went back to school after working a couple of dead end jobs and managed to get in on something I really enjoy doing. My hobbies are currently on hold for a bit, but I'm in to motorcycles, target shooting, and traveling when I can get away. I've been getting into fountain pens and back into writing recently thanks to the Nib forum.

How much is postage to Krypton?

This sounds good. I'd like to join in. I've always enjoyed getting letters in the mail. In my late teens and early twenties I lived in Mexico and Guatemala, and getting mail from family and friends was my lifeblood to them. This was long before email and texting. One town I lived in didn't have a telephone in the whole town, just a telegraph at the post office.

Of course my name is Steve, and I'm 55, and I live in Utah. I'm a chemical/processing engineer. My hobbies are Badger and Blade, shaving and fountain pens, reading, games, board, card and electronic, science fiction and comics as well as movies and videos. Just add me to the list if it's not too late. PM me for my address.

Last edited:
Cool idea!

My name is Brent. 37, married x10 years (!), 3 kids at home, work as a physician at a hospital, Twin Cities area of MN. I enjoy reading, computers, biking, working in my yard, tickling my kids. My wife and I try to get out of the house by going to the theater or orchestra, or just a restaurant and (gasp) talking to each other. :w00t:

I would enjoy some good old letters from time to time,

My name is Jeffery I am a sous chef at a private school in Vancouver, I enjoy spending time outdoors and taking a lot of photos while doing so. I love to ride my bike when I have the chance and am really enjoying my new found love of pens and wet shaving.

I sent some letters out in the mail today. Three things I found out: 1. International postage is cheaper than I thought it would be. Yay! 2. The nice stationery that I bought for a chunk of change had far fewer sheets of paper than I thought. I need to find something else that's better quality, better quantity, and hopefully a cheaper price. 3. Nice, lined (ruled) stationery is surprisingly difficult to find, even on the interwebs.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I received a large pack of vintage (1970's and 80's) postcards. If you would like one from me...

PM me you address.

Time for a BUMP! I need help justifying the extraordinary amount of stationary I just bought.:thumbup:

:thumbup1:
I'm three letters behind, but plan to catch up. If you're interested, I'll send you my address and then I'll be expecting one instead of just behind on the ones I'm supposed to write. :tongue_sm

I saw this thread after I first joined and never mustered up the courage to throw my name in the hat. Well, I want to start trying to improve my handwriting and would love to get to know more members.

My name is Andrew and I live in Miyagi Prefecture, Japan. I've been here about five years. I teach English at three JHSs and I also teach Japanese to a Peruvian 2nd grade elementary school student in the town next to mine. I love anything pertaining to nature be it camping, hiking, mountain biking, snowboarding or surfing. I love learning foreign languages and training Brazilian Jiu-jitsu as well.

I would be more than happy to exchange letters with any of you! I will also promise to write at least one kanji to my penmates and maybe even talk about japanese culture. Yoroshiku onegai shimasu よろしくお願いします。

Greetings,

I'm looking for folks willing to accept a challenge. ...(insert drum roll here).

Please consider penning a letter to my 2 year old son. Any humor, wisdom, or gentlemanly/womanly advice would be appreciated. (One guy sent pointers on how to get Mom and Dad to buy him a puppy. Classic stuff!)

I'll be glad to respond with my feeble scratchings. Also, I'm in the Washington DC area, should you want postcards from the capitol or monuments.

Cheers,
-c

Not much of a writer, but would like to be. Hmm, could get a note to someone upon occasion. Please don't expect much at first. having said all that. I am From Texas, love flyfishing specifically tenkara(warm water), fly tying(wouldn't mind trading some flys), rugby(union), astronomy, and poems. Here's hoping. Prophoss

Hello all, my name is Greaserboi,slick, or simply, Adrian. I'm out in the Bay area(I can pick up those tacky S.F postcards for ya if you don't have any! Or maybe some stuff from any technology places that you may like, I.E Intel, Apple, The tech museum in downtown SJ etc etc)
I'm just trying to build my cursive skills, I recently tried to write with them and they are wretched. I need a practice buddy. So yeah, someone of a few people will be getting really bad cursive from me. lol

Anyways, my interests include physics, Engineering, books(mainly science fiction of old years, like H.G wells), philosophy, cheery conversation, sad and depressing conversation, conversation about life and conversation about well...Anything. Video games are always on topic with me, same as music and arts.

So if you want to help me out here, you can PM me! international or national, I don''t mind paying for stamps!

All those pens, and nobody to write with?

That was my first thought when I found myself knee deep in The Nib

Then, a letter exchange with another B&B'er got the ball rolling and now I'm here :)

Hello everybody

My name is Antonio, Toni to those in the know.
I'm ½ Filipino, ½ Italian and I live in Copenhagen, Denmark
How's that for international?

My current interests, apart from the B&B related ones, are:
IT-Engineering, books (fantasy and some sci-fi), martial arts, guitar (playing and listening), cooking, conversing, video games (I'm an IT-guy so, of course), movies etc. too many to list apparently :)
Oh yeah, and rambling!
Once I start writing, my train of thought never seems to end ;-)

I'll gladly exchange funny postcards but it might be even more fun sending and receiving letters

Cheers!

Top Bottom