What's new

Smoothest blades in aggressive razor

I suggest you a little sample pack composed of Treet Platinum, Shark Chrome, Super Max Diamond Edge, Bic Astor, Personna Israeli Red (two blades each). Tryablade and Razorbladesclub are your friends.

The most aggressive shave of all is the naked, unprotected edge of a traditional straight razor or shavette.

Very often people find an ultra-sharp half-DE blade in a shavette quite daunting. Many straight-razor shavers don't hone their edges anywhere near that standard. A blade which is too sharp is very unforgiving. It's much easier to shave with a milder edge.

Check out this razor sharpness guide to get some ideas for blades to try. The best options are probably the ones which are most consistent. Some can vary quite dramatically between shaves.

For example these will cover a range from mild to sharp: Derby Extra, Astra Superior Platinum, Astra Super Stainless, Nacet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Treet Platinums are my favorites for an aggressive razor. Astra are slightly inferior but almost as good.

For a little more sharpness I’ll step it up to Gillette yellows, but nothing beyond that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reporting back: first 2 shaves were with Feather blades and they tore me up. Used a Nacet blade yesterday and it was a 2 pass BBS, no irritations shave.

Will be trying the Wilkinson Sword blades soon.

This is interesting because Nacet is sharper on average than feather after shave one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find that I like the Lord Platinum in my PAA DOC razor, which imo is pretty aggressive. They are not the sharpest blade, but they are smooth.

I think it depends on the razor. I find Nacet, Polsilver and BIC to work great in my FOCS and Fatip OC, but then again these two razors are not very aggressive at least to me but they are very efficient and smooth.

Dorco prime stp 301. Nope.

No irritation, slightly rough. Cutting is a bit so-so yet no noticeable tugging. Have to do extra pass and still left with some.

Maybe ok daily blade, if perfection is not what you're after.

Top Bottom