What's new

Smooth backup to my Nacets

I'm also seeking a smooth replacement for my Gillette Platinum Plus (no longer in production) which I use in my AS-D2, so this thread is interesting for me. I will run out of my current supply in about 8 months, after about 3 years of using them.

I fear I may have to go back to sampling blades forever since my previous regular was KAI and I find those too harsh now. In my experience, I think Gillette Silver Blues and Bolzano are probably the closest. Bic has been hit or miss and I suspect quality control is the issue. I wasn't impressed with Astra. I might have to give Derby a try.

My goal is no skin tears rather than BBS. I'm fine with somewhere between a DFS and CCS.
You might like the Personna Med Prep or Lab Blue blades. Those work very well in my Tech razors and the AS-D2 has many similarities with those. Smooth is a good description.

You might like the Personna Med Prep or Lab Blue blades. Those work very well in my Tech razors and the AS-D2 has many similarities with those. Smooth is a good description.
I tried Personna Med prep many years ago but they didn't do much for me then. But I was using an EJ DE89 back then.

Newly acquired my Timeless .95 OC ti. Nacets are my daily driver but I decided to switch BIC Chrome. They works equaly good with both .95 and .68 base plates of Timeless.

Personna Med Preps are also fantastic
I have two plates for my Timeless Ti... .95 OC for over 3 days growth and a .95 SB for 3 for less. It's a beautiful razor and after about 2 years of regular use I doubt I'll ever want or need anything else. Enjoy yours.

I have two plates for my Timeless Ti... .95 OC for over 3 days growth and a .95 SB for 3 for less. It's a beautiful razor and after about 2 years of regular use I doubt I'll ever want or need anything else. Enjoy yours.
You are right I started to think selling my other idle razors. Timeless shaves with a minimum blade feel and some how very effectively. I guess I'll keep REX Ambassador (as the solo adjustable) and Timeless TI set with .68 and .95 OC.
1663188504606.png

Last edited:
A couple of updates

3 days growth
Timeless Ti .95 OC SB
Mike's Natural Rose, Patchoulli, and Cedarwood
Omega 636
Personna Red 2nd Shave
Every good as the first. (I only use a blade twice)
These reds are definitely keepers

3 days later, another 3 days growth
Timeless Ti .95 OC SC
Zingariman Magician
SOC best 2 band badger
Permasharp
I can see why this blade was suggested so many times. Great shave, no pulls or irritation. A very nice shave.

3 days growth
Timeless Ti .95 SB
Castle and Forbes
Yaqi synth
Permasharp shave #2
very comfortable... minor pulling 3rd pass ATG upper lip.. otherwise a very nice shaving experience

just spotted errors in my earlier posts that i am unable to edit for some reason. all shaves thus far have been with a .95 SB plate. I have a .95 OC but only use it for 3+ days growth. sorry for any confusion

Top Bottom