What's new

Smooth backup to my Nacets

Nacet's have been my go-to blade for years... they are smooth shaving and give me close, irritation free shaves every time and I've never found anything close. I'm always looking for a backup blade, tho. Feathers were almost there but leave my neck irritated. I have a coarse grey beard and shave with a Timeless Ti with either an .95 OC or SB plate depending on how many days growth. Bonus if not Russian made. TIA

Wizamets / polsilvers are great, gillette yellows and german wilkies all work for me.. BIC is an amazing blade also, but they dont work in all razors.. I'm going to try one in my SS Timeless SB 95 soon and can let you know how that goes

the BIC is a long lasting blade and is very sharp.. IMHO smoother than feathers

Closest would be Perma-Sharp in the gold/red pack, but they are Russian made. I got mine earlier for $10/100 which is quite a bargain.

Some others potentially would be Treet 7 Days, Sharp Titanium and Gillette London Bridge.

I would second the suggestions for BIC Chrome Platinum but they don't work for everyone. Well worth trying, though.

100% Permasharp. Like yourself I really enjoy Nacets, great combination of sharp and smooth. Permasharp is very close to Nacet, I can’t really tell a difference between them. My top 2 blades at the moment

My top blades are (in no particular order):
  • Nacet
  • Gillette 7 O'clock super stainless (green package from Russia)
  • Shark Super Stainless
  • Gillette Silver Blue
To give some perspective, I have fairly fine hair, and somewhat sensitive skin.

Recently, I've revisited Astra Platinum blades. Early on, I found them a bit too sharp; now I'm fine with them.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Gillette Nacet blades are excellent blade Sharp & smooth with excellent longevity and I would use the Gillette 7oClock super platinum(Black) made in India, Sharp & Smoooth with reasonable longevity.

Not sure if anyone is interested but I thought I would start posting some of my results here.... I'll try to use a similar format each time.

Timeless Ti .95 SB
Yaqi synth brush
Zingariman Wanderer
Personna Red 1st use
3 days growth
a very good shave at least as good as a nacet. close, smooth, no irriation. I'd be quite happy if this was my only choice.

Newly acquired my Timeless .95 OC ti. Nacets are my daily driver but I decided to switch BIC Chrome. They works equaly good with both .95 and .68 base plates of Timeless.

Personna Med Preps are also fantastic

I'm also seeking a smooth replacement for my Gillette Platinum Plus (no longer in production) which I use in my AS-D2, so this thread is interesting for me. I will run out of my current supply in about 8 months, after about 3 years of using them.

I fear I may have to go back to sampling blades forever since my previous regular was KAI and I find those too harsh now. In my experience, I think Gillette Silver Blues and Bolzano are probably the closest. Bic has been hit or miss and I suspect quality control is the issue. I wasn't impressed with Astra. I might have to give Derby a try.

My goal is no skin tears rather than BBS. I'm fine with somewhere between a DFS and CCS.

Top Bottom