What's new

Smoke-in

After nearly 25 years of "discussion". SWMBO finally relented for my B-day this year.

More to come

proxy.php

Casa de Mick is the place to be. Fresh roasted coffee, and BBQ. Can't think of a better way to spend a weekend.

Salmon pemicen.

Not supposed to be, but..... whoops.

Just like when I started roasting coffee. There will be a few failures before I get my groove on.

Good start

proxy.php

Bad finish :001_07:

proxy.php

Salmon jerky....

Looked great.

Kept heat to 180° and less but too much time dehydrated it. Held at 150° for about 30 minutes. Should have been perfect. Oh well at least I get to eat my mistakes

20190829_140139.jpg

Far better than I could have imagined.

Almost ate all of it but cooler heads prevailed and 2 pieces got put away and we split one

Smoked to 152°. Time in the smoker, 4 hours.

20190908_102354.jpg
1 hour left on another batch of salmon. Last one was indescribable. Looking forward to this batch

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Looks real good. We had cedar plank salmon tonight. Took it to 142°. Cedar provides a little flavor, not like a full blown smoke.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Looks real good. We had cedar plank salmon tonight. Took it to 142°. Cedar provides a little flavor, not like a full blown smoke.

Finished pics.? I like rainbow trout but never liked salmon for some reason. Yours looks good. I don't like bass or a lot of other freshwater fish. Salt water fish or sea bugs are my favorite.

Pray tell...what are those squiggly things hanging out of the firebox on your smoker?

Finished pics.? I like rainbow trout but never liked salmon for some reason. Yours looks good. I don't like bass or a lot of other freshwater fish. Salt water fish or sea bugs are my favorite.

Pray tell...what are those squiggly things hanging out of the firebox on your smoker?

I eat one and save 2 to have as cold dinner. Cold dinner is a mainstay here in hot Florida. Cold smoked salmon, sliced avocado, and sliced tomato.

The wires are 2 temp probes. Smoker is PID controlled (pellet smoker). So far I have not used (or even set up) the wifi/phone interface. Just watching the 2 food and 1 smoker box (inside air) temp.

Next time I will do finished pic instead of smoking box pic

Top Bottom