What's new

Smoke Eater

Anybody recommend something that will truly keep the smell out of a room from a cigar or pipe???

Smoke outside :001_tt2:.

Other than that I have heard off placing bowls of vinegar around the room and there are several commercial sprays and such available. But perhaps your best bet would be some sort of serious air purifier. The problem is that I think you'd have to catch the smoke before it attaches itself to fabric and such, it is a pretty resilient smell. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with the above so I guess besides the suggestion to smoke outside I am probably not going to be a big help...

Shot in the dark, but the terms "air exchanger" and "de-ionizer" are jumping out at me. If those terms/devices don't apply in this context, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I am not sure, there is a lot out there I was hoping not to spend my winters smoking in the garage by the space heater and get something by my work bench that would work well now that you can not smoke in Bars. I was hoping somebody has some experience with a great one.

I am not sure, there is a lot out there I was hoping not to spend my winters smoking in the garage by the space heater and get something by my work bench that would work well now that you can not smoke in Bars. I was hoping somebody has some experience with a great one.

I hear ya. This is my first impending winter as a lover of the leaf and I gotta say...It's freakin' me out! :tongue_sm

Cory-

Move out to Arizona- Winters are perfect for outside smoking- (and yet I miss my cold snow filled days back east)

there is always something in having a good cigar outside- bundled up and watching the snow fall and the silence that accompanies the fluffy flakes drifting down....
Oh well- Arizona allows for winter smokes outside- it's just the summers that will kill you:biggrin:

Smoke outside :001_tt2:.

+1

When the smoke goes into the air of a room it dissipates and starts collecting on all of the exposed surfaces, including the walls and ceiling. So even when the air clears, the smell comes back off of everything in the room. I witnessed that in restaurants after local smoking bans went into effect. Long after smoking inside stopped it still smelled like stale cigarettes.

Maybe a good exhaust fan to suck the smoke out before it can settle? Personally, I don't find the smell of a pipe objectionable. If I did I probably wouldn't smoke one.
Yes, I have a wife. But a wife, not a parole officer. She knew I smoked a pipe before she married me.

Get a Lampe Berger lamp. If it can rid my kitchen from the smell of fried Oreos and freshly chopped garlic, scallions, onion, and baked lasagna, cigar smoke is easy!

Lampe Berger alcohol lamps do work extremely well. It's simply a lamp that is lit then blown out, and kind of smolders with a hot catalyst stone. The were used as one of the first methods of surgical antiseptic measures, as they also kill about 60 % of germs in the air.

I'm feeling the need for enlightenment.

Lampe Berger alcohol lamps do work extremely well. It's simply a lamp that is lit then blown out, and kind of smolders with a hot catalyst stone. The were used as one of the first methods of surgical antiseptic measures, as they also kill about 60 % of germs in the air.

Sorry, guys! I couldn't decipher if Don's comment was a statement or a question!

As Chase put it, yes they do work extremely well! The only complaint I have is they are rather pricey. You can get a basic one for about $40, but they also offer a lot of classy handmade decorative limited editions that go for thousand$. The oil is a little pricey too as it's around $18 for a liter, but a liter will last you the better part of a year with normal use.

And there list of fragrances would rival Mama Bear's vast array of soap scents! You can also mix the oils to create your own scent. I like to mix the vanilla and Cedarwood...so good!

Here is a pic of mine and a few oils.
proxy.php

Top Bottom