What's new

SMF I knot size? + looking for a new brush

Hello,

I was trying to search and find out the specification of the SMF I brush, knot size in particular, but with no success, so I'm turning to you gentlemen for assistance.

The reason I want the info is to help me choose a second brush. Currently, the SMF is the only brush I have, and enjoy using. For some reason, I decided I need a second brush and will not rest 'till i get it :redface:

Any recommendations for a new brush welcome. Some info: I will be whipping up the lather in the moss scuttle, I used creams 99% of the time, but have just ordered a soap from Sue, I like the way the SMF I feels on my face, so something similar would be welcome but I think I'd like a slightly smaller brush this time around, price must be under 100, preferrably even lower. At this point Saville Row seems like a good choice (imo), i'm leaning towards the SR-208.

Max,

If you want something similar to the SMF brush, you'll need another Shavemac. The SR 208 is a great brush, but it is very different from the SMF. It is less densely packed and many would consider it floppy. It's a great brush, but it is no SMF.

Randy

S

Sam

I'm telling you, since getting a Shavemac, I have a hard time having other brushes compare to it. Joel did a great job in getting it designed, and the wood just looks awesome - so awesome that the other wood brush handles I have seen do not measure up to it, or would make the brush cost over $300 probably. In fact, the XXL shavemac I have is the brush by which i judge everything. Would love that same brush knot, in a 25mm size, and tortoise handle, and it would be awesome.

Sam

Sam said:
I'm telling you, since getting a Shavemac, I have a hard time having other brushes compare to it. Joel did a great job in getting it designed, and the wood just looks awesome - so awesome that the other wood brush handles I have seen do not measure up to it, or would make the brush cost over $300 probably. In fact, the XXL shavemac I have is the brush by which i judge everything. Would love that same brush knot, in a 25mm size, and tortoise handle, and it would be awesome.
Sam

I'm sure Bernd would be more than happy to custom build that for you.

Randy

Sam said:
If I dont find a suitable Rooneys or Plisson, then I will

Funny you should mention that.... I actually have a custom Shavemac Silvertip 25mm in Tortoise. :biggrin:

Neiner Niener Neiner...... :tongue:

Joel, you really can't say that without posting a picture for complete effect....

Max,

I would get a Shavemac 23mm in finest. You'll probably love it, and it will be well within your price guideline.

S

Sam

joel said:
Funny you should mention that.... I actually have a custom Shavemac Silvertip 25mm in Tortoise. :biggrin:

Neiner Niener Neiner...... :tongue:

Joel: I am so tempted to get the same brush, but get Bernd to do the hair more like the XXL Shavemac.

I might give a Simpson another go, between a PJ3 in best, Duke 3, or a Harvard model.

Sam

moses,

I'm totally on board with that statement, following much of the Scotto thought process that the 23mm is quite possibly the perfect size.

MaxTO said:
Hello,

I was trying to search and find out the specification of the SMF I brush, knot size in particular, but with no success, so I'm turning to you gentlemen for assistance.

The reason I want the info is to help me choose a second brush. Currently, the SMF is the only brush I have, and enjoy using. For some reason, I decided I need a second brush and will not rest 'till i get it :redface:

Any recommendations for a new brush welcome. Some info: I will be whipping up the lather in the moss scuttle, I used creams 99% of the time, but have just ordered a soap from Sue, I like the way the SMF I feels on my face, so something similar would be welcome but I think I'd like a slightly smaller brush this time around, price must be under 100, preferrably even lower. At this point Saville Row seems like a good choice (imo), i'm leaning towards the SR-208.
Max,
You might be interested in one of the Savile Row 22mm Silvertips.

Top Bottom