What's new

Smart helix razor

To my eye, the handle isn't very unique either. It looks like a lot like a Wolfman hybrid.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

6BEE2EA9-E59B-476E-8EB6-EE64792D9E0D.jpeg
So today was the 1st shave with this one using a Gillette Platinum blade, Bufflehead Fletcher soap and a Mozingo brush.

I love the feel of this razor. Fairly hefty but balanced and a grippy handle. Using the more aggressive side of the plate I got a close, smooth shave without issues. Definitely as good as any I have and I have a sizable array of modern razors.

These are in very limited supply. You have to decide on the value. I'm glad that I have one. Would recommend that you give one a try if you have the chance.

BTW, it really is Bufflehead soap in an I colonial bowl.

I have gone and ordered one so wait 2-3 weeks I imagine for it to arrive-just like the look of it-seems very well machined and polished etc-will post a review as soon as it arrives-

Ordered the last one available on their web site today (Apollo light with aggressive plate).
US$170 shipped to Australia is a reasonable price for this razor which has very favourable reviews on the Aussie 'Paste and Cut' forum. There are links to some of these reviews on the Smart-Helix web site. I'll be interested to see how long the delivery takes for those above who recently ordered.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Bump!

Smart-Helix is a Ukrainian 🇺🇦 company staffed by engineers dedicated to hand crafting DE razors. There’s just one available on their website, and who knows if and when it could ship.

I anguished today, trying to justify increasing my hoard of Russian blades (I declined). Now I have the opportunity to support a Ukrainian business with my credit card and a Snake Island salute.

Someone beat me to the punch, so I can spend a few days mulling over my purchase before getting on their waiting list.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
"SMART HELIX is a small group of creative engineers from Kharkiv, the leading scientific and technological center of Ukraine."

I got an Apollo Light with its stand, and it is a marvelous razor. Together with the Timeless Slim, Wunderbar (ok, I have too many favorites) one of my favorite razors. It also comes with a fancy box.

Supporting people in need is a very good thing to do. I would still suggest to WAIT preordering. They might be in Kharkiv and maybe even actively fighting for Ukraine, right now the city is under siege and there is an ongoing war.

I hope this war is over soon, but I would perhaps suggest to wait for things to cool down before ordering/preordering.

I recently considered shaving demonstratively with the Apollo, but I decided against that. I am supporting people in need as far as I can, but make things not difficult for moderators here by mixing politics, war and razors together.

"SMART HELIX is a small group of creative engineers from Kharkiv, the leading scientific and technological center of Ukraine."

I got an Apollo Light with its stand, and it is a marvelous razor. Together with the Timeless Slim, Wunderbar (ok, I have too many favorites) one of my favorite razors. It also comes with a fancy box.

Supporting people in need is a very good thing to do. I would still suggest to WAIT preordering. They might be in Kharkiv and maybe even actively fighting for Ukraine, right now the city is under siege and there is an ongoing war.

I hope this war is over soon, but I would perhaps suggest to wait for things to cool down before ordering/preordering.

I recently considered shaving demonstratively with the Apollo, but I decided against that. I am supporting people in need as far as I can, but make things not difficult for moderators here by mixing politics, war and razors together.
I ordered one of these a few weeks ago (the “light” version with two plates). Customs in my country takes forever, but hopefully I will receive it soon. This razor was always in my mind, but it was the release of the Homelike Shaving Start2 that prompted me to pull the trigger - I didn’t feel comfortable buying a razor from Russia and it occurred to me to check the Smart Helix website instead, and they had some in stock.

Note highlighted text at the bottom of @Iridian's quote. I learned the hard way last night that there is a fine line between moderator interpretation of what is political and what is not re. the war in Ukraine. Mods keep the forum working smoothly and this is a touchy subject since our passion intersects with world events in this case. I hope as you do that Smart Helix is able to continue making fine shaving tools in the future. Here is mine, bought out of pure curiosity, now one of my favorite razors.
IMG_2761.jpeg

IMG_2762.jpeg

Last edited:
I've had one for about a year and a half now and it has remained one of my favorite razors.
After using mine for a few shaves I have not noticed a big difference between the aggressive side and the mild side. Will take more shaves before I can be sure. How do you judge the aggression of each side?

Top Bottom