What's new

Smallest razor I’ve ever seen

This showed up in the thrift store I volunteer for. What blade could you possibly use? My wedding ring is shown for size.

Attachments

• F0644D52-718F-498C-BF0C-7F5578254BFF.jpeg
    F0644D52-718F-498C-BF0C-7F5578254BFF.jpeg
    7.2 MB · Views: 121
Last edited by a moderator:
For eyebrows?
I suppose you could use them for that, or anywhere else that you have unwanted hair, but it is my understanding that they were primarily used for underarm hair removal.

I have one with blades, but only attracted to shave with it once. A three pass face/neck shave took way too long to want to use it again!

I suppose you could use them for that, or anywhere else that you have unwanted hair, but it is my understanding that they were primarily used for underarm hair removal.

I have one with blades, but only attracted to shave with it once. A three pass face/neck shave took way too long to want to use it again!
No thanks. I can't imagine any women actually using that tiny thing. Even shaving underarms would be much too time consuming. A regular double edge razor that uses standard sized blades is quick and easy to use. The low volume of sales and the fact that the tiny razor used special blades would also make it much more expensive than anything else commonly sold at the time.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
This is "miss evans little shaver".
It also has another lipstick tube style packaging.

It has similar dimensions to kewtie and laurel(the mini razor in "North by Northwest"), but evans overall material is better.

Last edited:
I don't know why they thought women wanted small razors. All I can think of is they could carry in their handbag so when they went to powder their nose, they could shave their 5 o'clock mustache shadow. Even Gillette made razors with short handles for women until 1961 when they came out with the Lady Gillette.

I don't know why they thought women wanted small razors. All I can think of is they could carry in their handbag so when they went to powder their nose, they could shave their 5 o'clock mustache shadow. Even Gillette made razors with short handles for women until 1961 when they came out with the Lady Gillette.
I started with contemporary long-handled razors, but my latest acquisition is the vintage Gillette Super Speed Red Tip, and the short handle works fine for me. However, that razor has an excellent weight and balance.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom