What's new

Small Sample PIF!

Okay. So, I was wrong. These samples are the size of an extremely thick, like two or three "slices" of stuffing inside of a Oreo kinda size. Still, despite my mistake, when flattened down in a bowl, a pretty good sized sample.

Unless I refresh the page when I'm done typing this and there is an entry #33, which I doubt. I have completed the selection. I entered a range of 2-32 in the random.org chooser (to exclude my original post) and clicked the generate button only one time.

Gentlemen, your winner is....

proxy.php

NUMBER NINETEEN. Post Number 19 in this thread was made by: DERTY!

Congrats Derty!

(Click to embiggen)

I whipped up an example lather this morning. The following picture is my little Omega Synthetic and Strop Shoppe's Baker Street soap sample (which wasn't part of the PIF,) after only 15 seconds or so of loading and some whipping with a bit of extra water in a bowl. I produced the lather a little extra wet to make it look super creamy. Trust me, with a full 30 second load, you're going to have tons of lather. And don't let that little bitty dab of outside creaminess fool you, that brush has at least two, and maybe three passes worth of lather in it.

In addition: I am throwing in samples of Geo F Trumper's West Indian Extract of Limes cologne, Astor Cologne, and Marborough Cologne. (The marborough cologne sample vial has been used once or twice, but should still have a couple small-ish applications left in it.)

All these things will come in the handsome wooden box that Strop Shoppe originally included when I ordered the sampler set.

(peppermint soap is the one in the ziploc)

---

If you didn't win and want to try a strop shoppe soap, their website is stropshoppe.com. They used to have sampler boxes like the one I had but it seems like they're just selling individual soaps now for around $11. The soaps produce a rich lather and I hear from Michael Ham (aka "Leisureguy") that the special edition soaps are particularly lovely.

You can try Samples of Geo F Trumper products for 8 British Pounds. Includes 7 cologne samples, 6 Shaving cream samples, and 2 skin food samples. The cologne samples vary, but I believe the shaving cream samples are consistent. I got the shave cream samples in the photo: GFT, Rose, Sandalwood, Almond, Violet, and Coconut Oil. The skin food samples I got were rose and sandalwood. The rose is better, IMO.

That concludes my PIF. Enjoy, Derty!

Top Bottom