What's new

Small PIF but interesting none the less

I have been an avid knife collector for over 40 years and presently subscribe to Knife World. The latest issue has a great article about straights with a lot of customs mentioned. It has peaked my interest (again) in wanting to try a straight razor and I thought someone else might find this issue a great read. I'd like to give it away in this forum so someone else can enjoy it.

I'll send it anywhere CONUS and draw a random post number for the winner in a few days. To be eligible all I ask is you provide me a small piece of advice for an old fart just starting out. I've been wet shaving since '78 and am confident with a blade but I need a nudge to move off the DE.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I'd love to read it. The best advice you will get is get a sight unseen deal from Larry @ whipped dog and that will be all you need for a while.

Get a sight unseen deal from Larry @ whipped dog and that will be all you need for a while.

WRONG! :wink2:

I can beat that - I would love to send you a straight for free and I pay the shipping. I’ll also include a strop for you. Use it for a time and if you like it we can work out a reasonable cost for both. If it isn’t for you, simply return it to me, no biggy.

Why would I do such a thing? Hey, we’re all family here and I’d love to help. If interested just PM me your address and I’ll get it on the way. Oh, and send the article to another - spread things around I say.

thumbs up capt. my best advice is to be careful with your strop and strop carefully and slowly. it works better than trying to be faster, your speed will increase with time but is not needed or wanted for best results.

Last edited:
That is a very interesting article. If you send it to me I will scan it in and post it so everyone can read it, I can even return it to you after I am done scanning it. Capt that is a very, very generous offer.

That is a very interesting article. If you send it to me I will scan it in and post it so everyone can read it, I can even return it to you after I am done scanning it. Capt that is a very, very generous offer.
Please do so, I would love to read the article.

Thanks Fellas. Scanning would be a good idea so we can all read it. I'll get your addy and send it along as it seems a popular choice thus far.

Cap, that sure is nice letting me try before buy. It's either going to save me from another fund reducing action or plunge me into it!

That is a very interesting article. If you send it to me I will scan it in and post it so everyone can read it, I can even return it to you after I am done scanning it.

Copyright issues? Would hate to see B&B get scolded/sued/whatever

All hail the Cap...his converting skills are 2nd to none! :ouch1:

WRONG! :wink2:

I can beat that - I would love to send you a straight for free and I pay the shipping. I’ll also include a strop for you. Use it for a time and if you like it we can work out a reasonable cost for both. If it isn’t for you, simply return it to me, no biggy.

Why would I do such a thing? Hey, we’re all family here and I’d love to help. If interested just PM me your address and I’ll get it on the way. Oh, and send the article to another - spread things around I say.

Not a lawyer, but there website has a disclosure that:

Unauthroized use of copyrighted material prohibited by law

My guess is it may not be worth risking. Others of course may disagree. A safer workaround could be private sharing via email? If anyone is motivated enough, I'm sure an email to the Pub would clear it up.

Not a lawyer, but there website has a disclosure that:

Unauthroized use of copyrighted material prohibited by law

My guess is it may not be worth risking. Others of course may disagree. A safer workaround could be private sharing via email? If anyone is motivated enough, I'm sure an email to the Pub would clear it up.

I emailed knife world asking permission to scan and post the article.

Just received a copy of that from one of my knife buddies. Haven't opened the envelope yet, figured I'd read it at work tomorrow as it's SUPPOSED to be raining and I can't let my crews work of the road when it's wet. We're crazy but we aren't stupid.

Posting and saying, have at it without any kind of critiquing made my wife cringe - she is a lawyer (law prof). There is a fair usage rule exception but...

It'll be interesting to hear what the publisher has to say.

Top Bottom