What's new

GIVEAWAY! Small PIF -- BIC Chrome Platinum

I had a conference in D.C. a couple weeks ago and I mailed one of the Bics to myself there. The first shave was sharp and smooth and the second had a couple bumps and weepers but still did OK. My first uses of the 40s Super Speed (the one without the notch).
Joined by a Semogue boar with bedhead (well, suitcase head) and TSA-approved sizes of B&M Leviathan soap and splash.
BicMail.JPG

I had a conference in D.C. a couple weeks ago and I mailed one of the Bics to myself there. The first shave was sharp and smooth and the second had a couple bumps and weepers but still did OK. My first uses of the 40s Super Speed (the one without the notch).
Joined by a Semogue boar with bedhead (well, suitcase head) and TSA-approved sizes of B&M Leviathan soap and splash.
View attachment 1563716
What a great idea to mail a Blade to your destination!! And including an encouraging note to future @slimshavy was a nice touch!!

What a great idea to mail a Blade to your destination!! And including an encouraging note to future @slimshavy was a nice touch!!
The note was more of a precaution than a greeting. I worried that they might search the envelope for security purposes and then get freaked out that it was some sort a mafia message (with my Italian surname) if I didn't write something.
That seems a touch paranoid, but a U.S. president did get shot at that very hotel, so I imagine they're up on their security.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The note was more of a precaution than a greeting. I worried that they might search the envelope for security purposes and then get freaked out that it was some sort a mafia message (with my Italian surname) if I didn't write something.
That seems a touch paranoid, but a U.S. president did get shot at that very hotel, so I imagine they're up on their security.
Was it Teddy Roosevelt? Saved by his folded speach?

Shave#4 - Bic Chrome Platinum

TL;DR:
Shave #4 took a bit more effort, still nice, but lost some edge and gave me a few weepers

Equipment: Merkur 20C, Bic Chrome Platinum (4), Caties Bubbles Ocean Grove

The Shave: Today's shave needed a little more effort to get close, and I knew the blade had lost some sharpness. CB Ocean Grove provided a good lather base, and the shave itself was decent. A couple of spots that I needed to touch up resulted in weepers.

Overall Impression: for me, the Bic Chrome Platinum is a decent upper middle blade that I can get a couple of very good shaves from. My only other experience (that I remember) with Chrome Blades were the Shark Chrome which my face hated!! So the Bic Chrome Platinum Blades has changed my opinion for the good (still won't be using the Shark Chromes, though)

Thank you, @KRpdx, for the opportunity to try these blades.
This is interesting. I have used two Bic blades. The first Bic was the best blade I have ever used, I have gotten 20+ shaves with that blade. The second Bic blade was just as you described. Three great shaves and on the fourth a shave that was slightly duller. Still a good shave but not the superb blade like the first Bic.

I’ve come to like these blades so much that I purchased 100. They work well in my ATT Windsor with the copper R plate. Thanks again to @KRpdx for the PIF.

Top Bottom