What's new

Small head DE?

I'm having trouble maneuvering my Slim around the mouth area. My other razor is a New and it's a little better, but I have a hard time seeing what's going on...I just can't see around these large heads.

Is there any DE razor I could buy to so I could see what I'm cutting?

Mark

You can try a specialized mustache razor and see if it works out for you

proxy.php

I would also suggest the Jaggers - they are slightly narrower and might help. A shavette is another option for that area.

You're right, the mustache trimmer looks very small compared to the Gillette. I searched Ebay and I don't see any "vintage" mustache trimmers. I really don't want to buy a Merkur but that may be the only option. Especially if I want to find blades.

I searched Amazon and didn't see any EJ adjustables. I would hate to buy one and be too mild or something. I guess I'll keep and eye on the trading room for now. If I can get user condition EJ it's worth a try.
Thanks for the replies,
Mark

How about the Gillette black handle SS adjustable? That head looks smaller in the picture.

CG

This is just an FYI.

The head on the Gillette Super Adjustable (aka Black Beauty) is the same size as on the Super Speed's. The reason the head looks smaller is due to the very long handle (4"). I have both versions (Super 84 and Super 109) and at a distance you would swear the heads are a different size.

Are you rolling your top lip over your teeth to stretch it? Twisting your mouth to the side to keep the skin taut whilst you shave? By making things easier for yourself you may find that you don't need to see better than you can at the moment.

It all takes time.

Tech heads like on the fat handle work great for me in that area, plus dumb as this may sound turning your head to the left/right to get a better view.

This. With a fat-handle Tech.

Thanks,
Mike

Are you rolling your top lip over your teeth to stretch it? Twisting your mouth to the side to keep the skin taut whilst you shave? By making things easier for yourself you may find that you don't need to see better than you can at the moment.

It all takes time.

Top Bottom