What's new

Slow Uploading Photos

Is it just my computer or the site, but it is taking a very long time to upload photos. It doesn't matter if I do full or thumbnail. I have tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge all with the same result.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I loaded 10 hi res pics for the SOTD poll this morning no problem. Maybe just certain areas?

since the site was enhance" last year, the site's image uploading and retrieval/fetch is lower and less responsive, and it has impacted user experience at least for me in key areas like SOTD or anywhere with images. I guess it's the shaving Gods sending me a message loud and clear, which is why I'm on the whole-year sabbatical to keep with that theme. I'm sure it's fine for others, its 100% YMMV thing.

My ping response to and from Australia with B&B or Cloudflare on the West Coast is 10ms pulling 100/20Mbps. PC is running 16 cores with 32GB Ram, so I don't think its a device issue/network/user issue.

speed.JPG

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Still can't add photos - I get a message saying: Oops! We ran into some problems

Any idea why?
No, I uploaded this morning no problem. Can you describe step by step what you're doing so we can see at what point there might be an issue?
Are you loading pics stored on your device or from another site?
What device?
What browser are you using?
These will help in trying to figure this out.

Pictures are on my computer - iMac
Browser is Safari
When I click on the insert image button I get the Oops! message
I also tried attach files but just get a black thumbnail which I can't do anything with?
Thank you

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Pictures are on my computer - iMac
Browser is Safari
When I click on the insert image button I get the Oops! message
I also tried attach files but just get a black thumbnail which I can't do anything with?
Thank you
Could it be that the image file size or resolution exceeds some maximum permitted by B&B? Are the files in a recognized image file format such as .jpg? Apple sometimes uses .heic file format for images - perhaps these are not allowed on B&B. I suggest trying a .jpg image file of less than 2MB.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Don’t use the insert image button.

Use the attache files. You can insert the image as a thumbnail or full size.

CAA6D077-C5EF-4049-92F1-1E223EACD41B.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
If you leave it attached it will show as an attachment and people will have to click on it.

Attachments

• 5B4C79FE-E7DA-4D52-9A01-73F763D32DD5.jpeg
    5B4C79FE-E7DA-4D52-9A01-73F763D32DD5.jpeg
    779.2 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom