What's new

Slow loading and error messages

The past few weeks or so I noticed page loading and even liking a post is slow to load and in some cases doesn't seem to load at all. A brown colored bar scrolls at the top of the screen, like a loading bar. I am using Windows 10 and using Chrome. This is something recent I was not having these issues a few weeks ago.

Is anyone else having this issue?

iPhone here getting many Host Error messages. Reload is also slow versus other sites. Is Chrome better than Safari? Might have to try. Maybe I need to stick tongue out further 😜.

I was just looking at this thread and got a Cloudflare 520 error when attempting to navigate away to the main forum list. I've been receiving these somewhat regularly over the past weeks and experience occasional delayed responses. A 520 usually indicates that the origin web severs for Badger and Blade are likely hitting unexpected errors or are timing out themselves. Given the content heavy posting of this site I would guess that Cloudflare is having to reach back to the B&B servers at a higher rate than typical and is overloading the system; or some process(es) on B&B servers are timing out due to intermittent internal application errors. It's possible that it is on Cloudflare side but I think that would be a lower probability given the nature of this error code.

iPhone here getting many Host Error messages. Reload is also slow versus other sites. Is Chrome better than Safari? Might have to try. Maybe I need to stick tongue out further 😜.
I guess I can't fully vouch for this information, but I've read that Chrome, or any other browser on iOS specifically, is just a layer over Safari, because Apple's mobile OS is not open enough to get the kind of control you would need to write a real browser.

Top Bottom