What's new

Slovakian Rozsutec stones

Hi all, is anyone one on here using natural Slovakian Rozsutec stones for honing?
These are quite reasonably priced and i was tempted to get one to see if it was any good for razors, i've seen a couple of Youtube videos of people honing razors on them but it's always nice to get other opinions.

Thanks.

I've one taken years ago, and left untouched for a lot ot time since i was not able to lap her, until recently when i use sic qnd was able to make it works, but all the same i used it sparingly but it is not a bad stone! Nice feeling but i would not rank it as a finisher, but if you want a prefinisher with nice feeling and since it is unexpensive, buy it.

I really like mine. To be honest i view it as a Slovakian washita in the sense it reacts more to how i lap it vs what the stone is if that makes any sense. since the stone is a much softer sandstone than the Novaculite i have noticed it only holds its lapped character for a short period before it smooths out and returns to its personality.
This comes from a 6 inch and an 8 inch that have two separate personalities. All in all if you read up on the origins of the stone its worth it on nostalgia and cool factor alone.

Top Bottom