What's new

Slippery handle

I have a bit of a problem holding the brush while shaving. Sooner or later my hand gets all wet and slippery when covered with soap or cream and shaving brush handle does its best to escape from me.

I have looked at many shaving brushes and the shape and surface of their handles do not make sense to me. Don't you think that, some, if not most of them, should have ribbed or rough non-slippery surfaces similar to DE razors so that one can maintain a good grip on them at all times.

Would anyone know of a good badger brush with a handle that would not slide out of my hand even if it is slippery and wet?

The handle on a Kent BK brush is a great shape to grip whilst retaining symmetry:

proxy.php

I hold onto the narrowest point on the handle and have never had a slip.

Thank you guys for the links. The one with the rubber handle unfortunately has boar bristles and I would like to stick with the badger (once you try the best it is difficult to step down).

Rubber gloves seems like a great idea since I do not even have to invest in a new brush :biggrin:

Meanwhile, I bought a brand new Eshave pure badger brush from Ebay for half the price and its handle is over 3" long - really gives you something to hold on to.

Someone makes little finger gloves that fit snuggly over your finger tips. A lot of bankers and newspaper people use them to keep the ink off their fingers and to get a better grip.

Plisson has Euro white brushes with hexagonal handles, either black or faux burled walnut. They don't get slippery when wet.

AACJ said:
Someone makes little finger gloves that fit snuggly over your finger tips. A lot of bankers and newspaper people use them to keep the ink off their fingers and to get a better grip.
Finger condoms! I purposefully make a trip by these in the local Wal-Mart pharmacy for a good juvenile laugh now and again.

You guys are kidding, right? Lather on your hands? If you do it the right way, your fingers should not touch lather at all, let alone allow to drip all over them...

Nenad

Take a finger condoms and put it on you brush or you could get one of those strip that the put un the bath tub to keep folk from slipping, cut a piece and wrap your handle.

boboakalfb said:
I just rinse the handle and wipe my hand...seems to solve my problem with it slipping...

I think most people fill up the tub with hot water, so it would not work in my case.

Top Bottom