What's new

Slippers - Need Recommendations

I recently retired my L.L. Bean slippers that were starting to fall apart after several years of wear.

L.L. Bean Men's Handsewn Slippers, Flannel-Lined
proxy.php

I like the moccasin style and I prefer a flannel or leather-lining rather than the too-warm-for-me fluffy sheepskin lining that many slippers have. I also like a rubber outsole so I can wear them outside for short trips to the mailbox, to put out the trash, etc.

I thought I had a good replacement with these:

L.B. Evans Finn

proxy.php

But the insole turned out to be crap...they pulled loose after only a few days and now bunch up and wrinkle every time I slide my foot into them.

So, my request is...recommend me a leather moccasin-type slipper, with a weatherproof outsole, and a non-fluffy lining. And of course a reasonable price. :001_smile

Steger Mukluks makes a fabulous moccasin - designed to be everything from a slipper to a full time shoe. Various footbed options available. To say they are weather-durable would be an understatement - and comfortable? Heck yeah! My wife and I LOVE ours.

These will last you a very long time, and with a light silicone spray on the moose hide,they are ready for whatever you throw their way.

i will continue to buy these....whenever I need another pair! I do not know.

www.mukluks.com

Steger Mukluks makes a fabulous moccasin - designed to be everything from a slipper to a full time shoe. Various footbed options available. To say they are weather-durable would be an understatement - and comfortable? Heck yeah! My wife and I LOVE ours.

These will last you a very long time, and with a light silicone spray on the moose hide,they are ready for whatever you throw their way.

i will continue to buy these....whenever I need another pair! I do not know.

www.mukluks.com

Nice, but I was hoping to get away with something a bit less expensive. $139.95 plus $10.10 for shipping is too rich for my blood.

Last edited:
Check out Minnetonka moccasins. I've worn various styles for decades.

Agreed. This is what I have, in the ultra-soft and floppy moose skin model. And like the OP, I don't like fluffy insides. I don't even like cloth. I like an impervious surface so I feel like over the years it doesn't get unclean.

I know it looks more like a shoe in this photo, but the sole is soft rubber and they are super soft. Very much seems like an indoor shoe, but it does have a rubber sole on it for those trips out into the driveway.

$rchdfzF.jpg

You might want to consider a simple boat shoe from Bass, Sperry, or a similar maker. One that is 1 size larger than normal or at least not snug on the foot, so it is easy on/off for short trips outside.

The Minnetonka mocs look like they best meet my requirements. I've had soleless (double or triple bottom) moccasins before and didn't care for them. Not enough protection and support for my feet and I wore through them much faster than I expected.

Thanks to all for your input!

Just ordered a pair of the Minnetonka Moosehide Weekend Mocs. Keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed! :001_cool:
$125938_366_45.jpg

I just bought those same LL Bean's in Suede, flannel lined...loving them...

You could always have your replaced by ll bean if you feel they didn't wear as long as you had expected, their guarantee will replace them no charge..call them...if however you feel you got your value from them, then obviously, dont...but it is a generous policy...

Top Bottom