What's new

Slippers / House shoes

I hate slippers, in general. But Chinese slippers are cool.

chinese-slippers.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Now I’m worried. I got my shipping confirmation the next day for the first pair I ordered.

Still no shipping confirmation. I’ll give it through today and reach out tomorrow if nothing moves.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Now I’m worried. I got my shipping confirmation the next day for the first pair I ordered.

Still no shipping confirmation. I’ll give it through today and reach out tomorrow if nothing moves.
By all accounts, TVL’s customer service is excellent.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
well I couldn't wait. I just ordered a half size smaller.

Probably will give these away to someone. They are just way to nice to send back!
Curse you guys! Now I want some.
Out of curiosity before I order - what size dress shoe do you normally wear?
I see the Townline Mocs you ordered are 9 D and you're saying a half size smaller is what you need, so I want to try to avoid a send back scenario if I can!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Curse you guys! Now I want some.
Out of curiosity before I order - what size dress shoe do you normally wear?
I see the Townline Mocs you ordered are 9 D and you're saying a half size smaller is what you need, so I want to try to avoid a send back scenario if I can!

I don’t own any “dress shoes”. Don’t even own a suit. Or even dress pants. Not even a white button down oxford! But all the shoes I have are sizes 9. Even the non-tennis shoes. Boots, sneakers, loafers, etc. all size 9.

I wish I could tell you the half size re-order is perfect but I haven’t got them yet. I can say for sure the size 9 I wear is definitely too large. Bob read some reviews and by all accounts they say to order a half size smaller.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I don’t own any “dress shoes”. Don’t even own a suit. Or even dress pants. Not even a white button down oxford! But all the shoes I have are sizes 9. Even the non-tennis shoes. Boots, sneakers, loafers, etc. all size 9.

I wish I could tell you the half size re-order is perfect but I haven’t got them yet. I can say for sure the size 9 I wear is definitely too large. Bob read some reviews and by all accounts they say to order a half size smaller.
Their reviews did have a guy that normally wears a 10 1/2 to an 11 EEE was really happy with the 10 EEE he re-ordered, as the 10 1/2 EEE he ordered was too big.
Their site says to go by dress shoe size rather than boot or sneaker size, that's why I asked.
Maybe I'll hold up and let you Guinea pig it for the rest of us! :lol1:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I didn’t read the site. I just saw something shiny and new and ordered. I probably should have read then I wouldn’t be waiting on a 2nd pair.

Good news is my 2nd pair will ship tomorrow I was told. I sent an email tonight and got a reply within the hour, even “after hours”. I was surprised. They said it’s now their busy time. Didn’t even dawn on me that could be the case being November and all.

I just ordered a pair of Kyrgies Tengries, they are a wool felt shoe. The pair I bought are the walkabout with a thin rubber sole.

I don't know much about them but they seem well liked.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
They arrived!!! But....are to damn big. So I gotta order another pair. It's like i'm walking around in flip-flops. I'm thinking a half size smaller?
Here's where my toe is. I'm torn between a half size or a full size. What ya think?
IDK if I order a full size smaller if they will stretch over time to fit my foot better, being leather and all. Probably a half size will be just right, comfy and wearable but not tight.

Other than being to big... the look, the feel, the everything about them oozes quality. The deer lining is super soft! Feels like a sock. The outer leather isn't stiff at all. It's like they are already broken in. The stitching looks tough. They feel great on the foot and walking around. Very happy with them out of the box (except the size issue). I wish I could wear them right now!!

View attachment 1356044

View attachment 1356035View attachment 1356036View attachment 1356037View attachment 1356038View attachment 1356039View attachment 1356040View attachment 1356041View attachment 1356042View attachment 1356043
Yeah, those are top notch looking.

Good thing I'm set for slippers, but if I ever need a pair, those will be the ones.

I never felt comfortable in slippers but I do like these as an alternative. Mine are made by Falke in Germany. Nice and cosy, very comfortable to walk around in, lightweight. They are basically socks but have some structure and have rubber tread on the soles. It feels like I imagine it would be like having cat’s paws, or to be a ninja.

View attachment 1353907
i have the same. really nice.
But in wintertime with floorheating, i walk barefoot. My feet are sweating like hell otherwise. And summertime barefoot as well. because I'm lazy and kicking out flipflops and putting on socks is stupid

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
So I got my size 8.5 back today. One shoe fits just fine. The other shoe is still slippy sliddy on the heal. I sent a message to them explaining the situation before I exchange 2 pairs.
Only thing I'm thinking is go down another half size. But knowing my luck that will be too damn small!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
So I got my size 8.5 back today. One shoe fits just fine. The other shoe is still slippy sliddy on the heal. I sent a message to them explaining the situation before I exchange 2 pairs.
Only thing I'm thinking is go down another half size. But knowing my luck that will be too damn small!
True. For YEARS my left foot was smaller than my right, so much so that if I'd been born rich instead of good lookin' I'd have bought TWO pairs of shoes and made one good pair!

Retirement has made them the same size. Not standing up all day for almost 40 years, and now sittin' in my Lazyarseboy for the last two or three will do that I suppose!

Top Bottom