What's new

Slim PIF

It's been a while since I've been on the razor part of the forum as I've been pretty satisfied with my gear and have collected about all the pieces a poor guy like me can afford :sad:

So in the spirit of starting new I'm wanting to PIF this 4th quarter 1964 Slim (J4). I haven't been out looking for razors in a while and ran across this one that's in good mechanical, but questionably beautifical, condition.

Everything lines up well, adjustments are solid, paint is good, and the last quarter turn snugs the doors up nicely. Handle is in good shape plating wise, but the head has some serious water spotting going on. Very little plating loss overall. I've shaved with it once, moving through the adjustments as I went, and got a pretty good shave out of it (Slims are not my thing). It will come to you after a dunk in Barbacide, but any polishing is up to you.

So here are the Roolz:

-Since B&B seems to have attracted a lot of newcomers in the last 6 months I'm gonna restrict the PIF to those with at least 150 posts.
-You don't currently own a Slim. An exception will be that if you have a friend or family in the military currently serving who would like to try a Slim you may request to be included to pass it on to the them. I would love to have a photo of them with their new razor to post here if possible.
-Also as usual I'm going to keep this in the CONUS. That's my thing and I have nothing against our international brethren, but to be honest it's a hassle for me to take off from work to go to the post office, but I can ship within the US from work.
-If you are the winner and the Slim doesn't agree with you I ask that you PIF it here on B&B. To sell it would be extremely bad form and bring you a huge amount of bad Karma, JuJu, etc...that you don't want.

I will let this go for a week till Tuesday at 12:00 CST and select the winner randomly after that.

Now, on to the pathetic photos and good luck!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Not in.

Was in initially, but changed my mind; I don't really need another DE, and since I'm trying to learn how to use a straight, I probably wouldn't use it much....still, a great PIF, and I'm sure whoever wins it will love it!

Last edited:
I currently own a slim so I am NOT in, but this is an awesome PIF... thank you for offering it. Whoever gets it will be a very happy camper!!!

- Badger Bill

I'm in, as I have never tried an adjustable. And if it isn't my cup-o-tea, it will be in my upcoming PIF.

Thanks for the opportunity.

I'm in with my 150th post. Never tried anything vintage or adjustable. Would love to try this. If it doesn't agree with me I will PIF it and include some other items.

Does it count it this post is my 150th? If so, I'm in! I was just saying on my last thread that I wanted to get an adjustable!

Top Bottom